SD49225XA-HNR Anyone have one?

Philip Gonzales

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Added audio today to the cam! Took a quick vid. Ignore the wrong timestamp and double named preset. Reset this thing again today.

Philip Gonzales

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Impressive, looks versatile
Yeah for me I wanted to be able to ID someone near our vehicles. So when we park on the street again I'm going to have to test how good of an ID I can get. I may actually put a static lens cam above the carport and move the PTZ up on a pole. I should have included a couple of long zoom presets in the video of my neighbors houses lol.

Honestly a 4x zoom PTZ would have probably been fine for my needs. I bought a foscam one because it was only like $75 used (I bought used). Those things were total garbage. No settings for shutter speed, I frame, bitrate, etc. All night images were too blurry to see an 80 year old crossing the street.

I tagged @EMPIRETECANDY about buying a PTZ and the rest was history. This is more of a toy for me. Definitely overkill for my needs. I think I'd like to buy a $1700 with bigger sensor one day. When I have a house with a better view lol. Did I ever mention Andy had my cam from China to Texas at my doorstep in two days. Over the weekend at that! Shipped Saturday and I got it Monday. How crazy is that. Way better than prime!

Last edited:

EMPIRETECANDY

IPCT Vendor
Reaction score
Yeah for me I wanted to be able to ID someone near our vehicles. So when we park on the street again I'm going to have to test how good of an ID I can get. I may actually put a static lens cam above the carport and move the PTZ up on a pole. I should have included a couple of long zoom presets in the video of my neighbors houses lol.
the camera looks great for fast pan/tilt/zoom, this camera has newer hardware compare to the before model SD49225T-HN.

Philip Gonzales

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
the camera looks great for fast pan/tilt/zoom, this camera has newer hardware compare to the before model SD49225T-HN.
@EMPIRETECANDY this video has a little more range in it. Excuse the poor driving, I've already taken my sleeping pill for the night lol.

Here it is with mic I installed today. I was on the phone near the cam. Excuse my babbling...

looney2ns

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
@EMPIRETECANDY this video has a little more range in it. Excuse the poor driving, I've already taken my sleeping pill for the night lol.

Here it is with mic I installed today. I was on the phone near the cam. Excuse my babbling...

In the preset test video, were any of the zooms to the full 25x?
IF so, it's doing a very good job at focusing.

Philip Gonzales

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
In the preset test video, were any of the zooms to the full 25x?
IF so, it's doing a very good job at focusing.
Yes, I meant to enable the overlay for the zoom level but forgot to turn it on before playing around with the presets. Both neighbors cars and the other mailbox are all at 25x zoom.

I cheated a little. I enabled Predictive Focus Algorithym (PFA) under Conditions>Focus & Zoom. Disabled by default I believe. I also see no reason not to enable it. The way I understand it, the camera already knows what focus level is needed for which zoom range so might as well go there while zooming instead of trying to auto focus when you get there. Maybe I'm wrong but I thought that's how it works.

looney2ns

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Yes, I meant to enable the overlay for the zoom level but forgot to turn it on before playing around with the presets. Both neighbors cars and the other mailbox are all at 25x zoom.

I cheated a little. I enabled Predictive Focus Algorithym (PFA) under Conditions>Focus & Zoom. Disabled by default I believe. I also see no reason not to enable it. The way I understand it, the camera already knows what focus level is needed for which zoom range so might as well go there while zooming instead of trying to auto focus when you get there. Maybe I'm wrong but I thought that's how it works.
It's working very well, no matter the reason. Much better than a lot of previous models.
I've tested a few PTZ's that had PFA, and they still struggled at times to focus, at their max zoom.
Hope Dahua comes up with a solution for your IVS issue's soon.
Others are reporting the same IVS problem on other new models.

reverend

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
It certainly does look good - have any of you had the older models to compare physical noise levels from the camera please?

My 59225 has been up a couple of years now and is getting noisy so thinking about swapping it for something quieter.

@EMPIRETECANDY is this a replacement for the 59225 as well please?

EMPIRETECANDY

IPCT Vendor
Reaction score
It certainly does look good - have any of you had the older models to compare physical noise levels from the camera please?

My 59225 has been up a couple of years now and is getting noisy so thinking about swapping it for something quieter.

@EMPIRETECANDY is this a replacement for the 59225 as well please?
This model is a updated version of SD49225T-HN.
Dahua has SD5AXX too, but still not release, they add a 35x zoom for this series.

Last edited:

alarum_78

n3wb
Reaction score
PTZ.JPG

So my camera is mounted there looking down my driveway, in the photo walkway/front door is to the left. Should the camera be able to track a person walking up my driveway all the way 180 degrees basically to my front door? It seems to give up once someone gets to the walkway.

Steveee

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Should the camera be able to track a person walking up my driveway all the way 180 degrees basically to my front door? It seems to give up once someone gets to the walkway.
I Have found it depends on what clothing they are wearing and what the weather conditions are like and to some extent, how fast there walking , as to how well the Auto-Tracking works.
Sometimes it is Excellent, Others Not so good. On average for me I would say it's VERY GOOD, For the position I have it and the area it covers.
I have set up Day/Night schedule and am playing with different Conditions settings, to try and improve it.
I find it seems to work better for me at night.

Normally people coming to my house would not walk past my camera as they would for yours, So I tried it tonight and here is the video, As I go past the camera its pitch black ( Had to use light from phone so didn't trip up step & miss shrubs) so not walking that fast. Not directly under camera, but pretty close.

Close walk past, Night

I will try the same during daytime, but as I said earlier its normally better for me at night, so probably won't be as good.

Last edited:

Steveee

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
OK. Here is slightly longer video's of my recordings. I would describe this as a realistic average of auto-tracking capabilities for this cam.

Edit for clarity:
As I said, These are average examples of the Auto-Tracking. Some days its not so good (weather conditions, colour of clothing and speed of target can affect how well it tracks and for how long). So this should be considered as an extra camera if using auto-tracking, not the only one in my opinion as sometimes it gets it wrong .

As you can see it's definitely not perfect, but compared to other PTZ cams I have used I think it does a pretty GOOD job most of the time :) . When entering property from small or large gate it always picks someone up, and usually tracks quite well. It does sometimes lose people, but normally picks them up again and resumes tracking them.
@alarum_78 your camera position relative to direction of travel for people is different to mine so you might not get the same results ! Hopefully you can play with the different settings to achieve your desired standard of auto-tracking :). I did try walking past the camera as close as possible a few times.

Average Daytime example, a few misses, but generally Very Good.

And below an Average Night example, as above, a few misses, but generally Very Good.

I also have several other fixed cams up covering all areas, so I'm not worried about the occasional loss of tracking.

Last edited:

Steveee

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
I agree with looney2ns about Depending on the Auto-Tracking. It is good, but not perfect.
I have this camera up as an Addition to a number of fixed cams.

Last edited: