SD49225XA-HNR Anyone have one?

alarum_78

n3wb
Reaction score
I agree with looney2ns about Depending on the Auto-Tracking. It is good, but not perfect.
I have this camera up as an Addition to a number of fixed cams.
I agree about the autotracking statement, better than nothing but glad I didnt pay alot per se more for it. That said.... One issue with camera, seems every few days the PTZ presets lose there coordinates and I have reboot the camera to get them back.

b0bthebuilder

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
... One issue with camera, seems every few days the PTZ presets lose there coordinates and I have reboot the camera to get them back.
I bought a DH-SD49225XA-HNR from Andy recently (firmware build Date: 2019-08-19) and am very impressed with it, so much so I just bought a second one... my only issue is when auto-tracking exceeds either a certain time-length (45 seconds?) or maybe it is when it tracks an object beyond 180 degrees, the "preset home" position (i.e. where it sits looking for stuff to track) gets screwed up (changes to somewhere else). Re-booting PTZ fixes it again but only until it tracks something to the same range/area again.

When the second camera arrives I will try to reproduce the problem, if the same thing happens it has to be a firmware bug.

ljw2k

Known around here
Reaction score
Can someone upload a video at night in colour mode please with moving objects while trying to track-follow. Am I right to say the 2mp version model SD49225XA-HNR would be better at night if so anyone have a comparison please.

looney2ns

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Can someone upload a video at night in colour mode please with moving objects while trying to track-follow. Am I right to say the 2mp version model SD49225XA-HNR would be better at night if so anyone have a comparison please.

Philip Gonzales

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Wohoo!!! Just got my replacement cam from Andy this afternoon. I think I broke the old cam with a firmware update. D'oh! I just wanted to point out that Andy had been awesome with his service as always, so if you are on the edge I would go for it!

I opted to delay my dinner until I installed this PTZ and auto tracking is working right out of the box. It is 3/3 as far as my quick test.

So definitely not the best quality photos and video but just wanted to share an example. I will post some better pics/vids after I get some food and rest but I am impressed already!

Video is a little washed out from the IR but this more than does the job, plus I am sure the settings can still be tweaked a lot. I haven't even tried out forced color mode yet.
20191206_183859.jpg20191206_183915.jpg20191206_183937.jpg20191206_190336.jpg

Last edited:

Philip Gonzales

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Here you go, now this is with shutter speed priority set to not go slower than 60ms.

Philip Gonzales

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
So did this one come with newer firmware than you had previously? Looking good.
Good question, hadn't checked yet, let's have a look...

I believe the firmware that my old one shipped with had a build date of 2019-08-01 and this firmware has a build date of 2019-08-19.

I say I believe because I don't remember 100% anymore if I had downgraded to that firmware or if that was the original firmware it shipped with as far as the old cam goes. I believe it was the one that it shipped with but I could be wrong.

Also in my first two auto tracking videos I noted that the IR was a little washed out. By default the cam was set to zoom priority and not SmartIR. I plan to retest with Smart IR just to see the difference. I will likely personally run this cam in forced color myself as all my other cams currently switch over to B/W automatically. I'm happy with this cams performance in forced color, so will run it that way until I get another cam that can beat it's performance in forced color. Maybe a Starlight+ or ColorVue when I have the funds and time to do check those new cams out.

Old Cam
Device Type: DH-SD49225XA-HNR
System Version: V2.800.0000000.13.R.P9.2520.UN.NR, Build Date: 2019-08-01
WEB Version: V3.2.1.768810
ONVIF Version: 18.12(V2.4.5.729857)
PTZ Version: V2.401.0000000.41.RHNZ_190712_32701
Security Baseline Version: V2.0

New Cam

Device Type: DH-SD49225XA-HNR
System Version: V2.800.0000000.17.R.P9.2520.UN.NR, Build Date: 2019-08-19
WEB Version: V3.2.1.776963
ONVIF Version: 18.12(V2.4.5.729857)
PTZ Version: V2.401.0000000.41.RHNZ_190712_32701
Security Baseline Version: V2.0

YYZed

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
So what's the consensus so far with its auto-tracking capabilities? My static cameras cover everything that needs to be seen within their capabilities, but I wouldn't mind something that has the ability to track and zoom into an object. Since completing my install in the summer I've had the opportunity to monitor the activity around my property, and a good tracker would be a nice addition somewhere.

Bballejo

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
This one is the Dahua PTZ SD49425XB-HNR From Andy
I haven’t messed with it to much since May but I’m gonna start so I can get it working better. My goal is to improve the Zoom on the tracking and longer tracking. Night time it’s a 50/50 chance if auto tracking is going to work I will be getting another camera to have zoomed in so I can get all the plates. Overall is a decent camera for the price when auto tracking is working good it’s a badass camera.

corel

n3wb
Reaction score
This one is the Dahua PTZ SD49425XB-HNR From Andy
I haven’t messed with it to much since May but I’m gonna start so I can get it working better. My goal is to improve the Zoom on the tracking and longer tracking. Night time it’s a 50/50 chance if auto tracking is going to work I will be getting another camera to have zoomed in so I can get all the plates. Overall is a decent camera for the price when auto tracking is working good it’s a badass camera.

Hi there!!

Could you help me please?
I have bought the same camera, however theres no posible to set up the auto tracking, may is posible to send me whitch firmware are you using?

thank you very much in advance.

corel

n3wb
Reaction score
Here is the firmware that has been coming up with the camera, but seems the auto tracking has been removed or disabled...somebody can helpme please??

Attachments

Bballejo

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Here is the firmware that has been coming up with the camera, but seems the auto tracking has been removed or disabled...somebody can helpme please??
It was removed with an update but it came back on the newest update I got the cameras uploaded with the newest update when I bought it from Andy.

Attachments

corel

n3wb
Reaction score
And do you have the link from where can I download it please?

thank you very much!!!!

ljw2k

Known around here
Reaction score
Why don't you get in touch with your supplier and ask them for the firmware failing that send Dahua an Email and explain you purchased the camera because it had the auto tracking feature enabled now with the update from them it has removed this feature and you are not happy as the camera is now not fit for purpose.

Just like if you took your Ford popular L car for a service and when you got it back they had removed the cruise control and sat nav software realising that should have only been on the GL model.

corel

n3wb
Reaction score
Why don't you get in touch with your supplier and ask them for the firmware failing that send Dahua an Email and explain you purchased the camera because it had the auto tracking feature enabled now with the update from them it has removed this feature and you are not happy as the camera is now not fit for purpose.

Just like if you took your Ford popular L car for a service and when you got it back they had removed the cruise control and sat nav software realising that should have only been on the GL model.
I did it already and still waiting an answer...

corel

n3wb
Reaction score
Good things come to those who wait.

Pop me a PM if you don't get sorted.
Really thanks for your support,
I have bought them from Spain due to transport, because I need to install them on this week, however wasting a lot of time thinking that maybe I was setting up something wrong until I get with this forum, and then I DID UNDERSTAND, so yesterday I have sent an email to supplier asking why the auto-tracking function does no seems to be work and today I have send to him another email asking him over the new firmware that Bballejo told me this morning (thanks Bballejo), and I am still waiting for it.... while I have here the two cameras ready for testing.