SD49425XB-HNR PTZ Failing?

Dixit

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I have Dahua SD49425XB-HNR PTZ I got from Andy about 2hrs ago now, been working solid. Recently noticed the main stream not even doing 15fps (what I have it set to) not will the keyframe even maintain 1.0 which it used to. Like right now the main stream is only doing about 2-3fps and keyframe around 0.25 to 0.3. The substream seems fine from a keyframe perspective always maintaining 1.0, but the fps fluctuates heavily between 6-25fps (even though its set to 15fps.

Ive factory defaulted this camera (didnt re-apply any setting) and still seeing same issue. Its running the V2.800.1341000.0.R.P9.2522.UN.NR, Build Date: 2020-03-12 firmware which I believe is what it came with and no reason to update it based on the forum about if i do i will lose autotracking.

Here is my video stream settings. It doesnt matter if its H265 or H264. Ive tried CBR, VBR, etc.
1652069851890.png

Example of what Im seeing right now on BI for this camera
1652069903117.png

Its being powered by a PoE+ switch. Showing its using 12w so its not drawing anywhere near max.

Not sure if the chip internally is failing on this, since the fps seems to be all over the place, doesn't matter if its day or night.

Mike A.

Known around here
Reaction score
What do the video settings and stream string look like in BI?

Does the video appear good otherwise? In both BI and directly viewing the cam?

Dixit

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Stream String seems fine, its been the same as what it was before when it was working fine. Here is the screenshot.
1652071495418.png

Its definitely the same in viewing directly in cam, the PTZ just doesnt react (or so it seems) when looking at Main stream on Cam WebUI, but in background I can see BI showing the changes since its showing the Substream.

Sometimes I see wicked high FPS on mainstream on BI like 90-95fps, which I know is wrong. Here is an example of it as I just caught it showing a whopping 316fps lol.
1652071685469.png

Mike A.

Known around here
Reaction score
Yeah, settings look typical. Just wondering whether it was the cam or BI and checking that there wasn't something strange there. But if it does the same when viewing direct, then that kind of rules out BI.

What's causing the warning triangle showing for the main stream in your last image? Do you see anything unusual in the BI status log?

Maybe try VLC or something else that will show the iFrame rate and kB/s just to double check that the numbers jumping around aren't BI being weird. But sounds like it's probably not.

ETA:
Long shot but maybe for video settings try as below and see if any difference. Again, probably not if same from the cam.
Make: Generic/ONVIF
Model: *RTSP H.263/H.265/MJPG/MPEG4
Main: (default) with the rest same as you have
Sub: (default) with the rest same as you have

Last edited:

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Yeah just type in the IP address, username and password and hit find/inspect and let BI do it's thing.

My 49425 comes in as generic and works just fine. Most of my cams come in as generic.

I would also try another power supply. I have noticed my POE power failing when FPS started jumping all over the place in BI.

Last edited:

Dixit

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Still trying get a PoE injector. I used to have a 30w Axis. Not sure where it went. Stuff always walks away in my house.

But I did validate the port is supplying adequate power. I have an Ideal PoE tester and it can put a load and measure in 5w increments at what point the port shuts down. This went as high as 45w. So seems like port is good. Tester is capable of testing upto 90w. I use this for installs to prove the cabling is good and the end itself can get the amount of wattage it is designed for as well as use it to troubleshoot what is at fault. Completely forgot I had it lol.

May run the test again at the PTZ side with all the existing cable that is a little under 200ft. But will require me to dismount the PTZ temporarily.

But so far not looking good. Seems like this PTZ definitely dying. Damn it. Now I gotta get another one lol. I love this guy.

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
How is the camera connected to the computer - does it go thru the router or is it isolated via dual NIC or VLAN?

Mike A.

Known around here
Reaction score
Did you find a reason for the warning triangle showing for the main stream?

Dixit

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Just wanted to chime in and close this out. Turns out Camera is not bad at all. Which was a huge relief!
I finally got around to getting up there to pull the PTZ down, then plugged the PTZ into my switch and worked fine, even FPS was showing full 15fps and not sitting at some low random number. I then used that PoE tester and saw that 3 of the 8 connections have failed based on my PoE tester. Recrimped a new end on it, retested it, PoE test showed it was good to go. Put the bad boy back up and off we go!