SD4A425DB-HNY external mic connection help

marklyn

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
I'm trying to use an external powered mic with my SD4A425DB-HNY camera but unsure about the wiring connections.
The camera has 3 wires, red, black and white. The wires from the mic are red and white. The mic has a separate power connector.
How would I connect two wires with 3 wires? Is one just not used? I only want to connect the mic not a speaker.

looney2ns

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
White is used for the microphone input, and black is used for the microphone ground.
As stated in the cameras instructions.
There also should be labels on the cables, denoting what they are.

Last edited:

DsineR

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
From the manual:
White: Audio input
Red: Audio output
Black: Audio grounding cable
So for mic wiring, you want White (+) & Black (-)

marklyn

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
White is used for the microphone input, and black is used for the microphone ground.
As stated in the cameras instructions.
There also should be labels on the cables, denoting what they are.
On the camera tag: Red-audio out, white-audio in, black-ground.
So, then I would connect the white wire from the camera to the white wire on the mic
and the black wire from the camera to the black wire on the mic with a red wire from the camera not used...
Does this sound correct?

I recently got the camera directly from Andy @ EmpireTech but still waiting on a manual that would hopefully explain this.

marklyn

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
So, then I would connect the white wire from the camera to the white wire on the mic
and the black wire from the camera to the black wire on the mic with a red wire from the camera not used...
Does this sound correct?

I recently got the camera directly from Andy @ EmpireTech but still waiting on a manual that would hopefully explain this.
Forget the above I messed up and couldn't edit.
Mic wires are red and black.
Do I connect the white camera wire to the red mic wire and the black camera wire to the black mic wire with the red unused?

Broachoski

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Great!
I am curious about your externally powered mic. I use a few of the Microseven and other microphones that are powered by sharing the cameras POE power.

marklyn

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
I have a microseven but I could never get it to work. The one I have now is a CAMMIC and it worked right off the bat and has excellent audio pickup.
I've attached the spec sheet

Attachments