SD59225U-HNI resolution jumping in blue iris recordings

BigTymer

n3wb
Reaction score
It seems like my camera will jump resolution or most likely streams in blue iris randomly. I have attached a video where it shows the resolution go from low to high and back to low in an exported clip from BI. I have the recording setup for continuous + trigger in BI. It was my understanding that BI will always only record the main stream, which is why I am confused as to why I would be seeing low resolution video in played back clips. This does not seem to be totally dependent on auto tracking kicking in either. I have seen this behavior randomly while reviewing continuous clips. Has anyone seen this behavior before? I was considering trying to turn off the substream in BI to see if that corrects the issue, but thought maybe I am missing something. Any help is appreciated.

Also, I could not upload to youtube beause the reencoding seemed to normalize the resolution, so I had to upload the clip instead.

Attachments

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
That is operating correctly. If you have it set to continuous + trigger, then it records substream until a trigger and then it jumps to mainstream and then when the trigger even is over it returns to substream.

If you want continuous mainstream recording, then select just continuous.

BigTymer

n3wb
Reaction score
That is operating correctly. If you have it set to continuous + trigger, then it records substream until a trigger and then it jumps to mainstream and then when the trigger even is over it returns to substream.

If you want continuous mainstream recording, then select just continuous.
Thanks for the clarification. All of my previous cameras lacked substream so this is new behavior for me, glad it is normal.