SD5A425XA-HNR firmware

RuralDude

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Well the 60W injector didn't change anything, camera shuts off at night when tracking just like before.
I guess the next step is to get on the ladder and check connections, wire and waterproofing.

RuralDude

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
On Friday I put a tester on the wire and continuity was good, changed RJ45 at camera just to make a tighter connection.
Friday night it shut off again, same-ish time while tracking vehicle in the dark.

Today I performed a factory reset from the web interface (Edge in IE mode) and within the first 15 minutes after setting IVS rule a vehicle pulled in and was being tracked and crashed the camera per the usual except it was in the middle of the day!
I put an inline tester on and watched the power consumption as it tracked and moved on both axis while zooming and it never exceeded 13 Watts. Starting to circle back to my original assumption that this firmware is suspect.
I am planning to switch to a different port on the switch tonight.

Is there anything else I can try?
I performed the factory reset through web interface, is there a difference with performing it from the camera side mechanical button?
Is there a way to roll back to the factory firmware?

Last edited:

RuralDude

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Changing ports did not work, today I was looking at my firmware version and even though the system version was on the latest, the PTZ version was behind a version.
I re-installed the latest version with the same update file (DH_SD-Prometheus_MultiLang_NP_Stream3_V2.812.0000032.2.R.220804) and it appears to have updated my PTZ to the newest version....why it didn't before I don't know but as of right now both versions are up to date.

We'll see if it crashes after dark like every other night.

RuralDude

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
FIXED!
After re-flashing firmware with Edge in IE mode everything has been running without incident. I think the problem was when I updated firmware the first time I used Edge browser not realizing it wasn't compatible.
Thanks for everyone's help walking me through this issue.

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Awesome!

Make sure the track time works. This version of the GUI has been really sensitive to browser for the track time and would always go back to the default 15 seconds regardless of what you typed in. Hopefully it is holding now in Edge in IE mode.

So put in like 200 seconds and reboot it and then see if it tracks for more than 15 seconds.

RuralDude

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Awesome!

Make sure the track time works. This version of the GUI has been really sensitive to browser for the track time and would always go back to the default 15 seconds regardless of what you typed in. Hopefully it is holding now in Edge in IE mode.

So put in like 200 seconds and reboot it and then see if it tracks for more than 15 seconds.
Does the setting itself get changed or is it just ignoring the setting applied?