SD5A425XA-HNR

Jessie.slimer

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
Does this model have auto tracking or any AI features? 25x ptz with 1.8 sensor is exactly what I've been waiting for.

Jessie.slimer

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
Nice. I want to be able to reach out to my mailbox about 125 yards down my driveway, and track cars approaching the house. I almost pulled the trigger on the 2mp ptz, but after getting a 5442, I don't think I can turn back.

Parley

Known around here
Reaction score
Nice. I want to be able to reach out to my mailbox about 125 yards down my driveway, and track cars approaching the house. I almost pulled the trigger on the 2mp ptz, but after getting a 5442, I don't think I can turn back.
I agree. No more 2MP cameras for me. ;) 4MP with the 1/1.8" sensor or better.

Last edited:

Parley

Known around here
Reaction score
Thank you Andy for the reply. I do not mind as long as I know what is going on. That is a lot of goods waiting to be shipped. :)

genelit

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Hi,
first post. I've been hanging around here since I started using Dahua cameras 2-3 years ago.

I'm really excited about this PTZ and waiting for one of you to lay your hands of it and test it and post your feedback.
I looked all over Andy's store on Ali express but couldn't see it there, is it removed or hasn't it been introduced yet?

Parley

Known around here
Reaction score
Hi,
first post. I've been hanging around here since I started using Dahua cameras 2-3 years ago.

I'm really excited about this PTZ and waiting for one of you to lay your hands of it and test it and post your feedback.
I looked all over Andy's store on Ali express but couldn't see it there, is it removed or hasn't it been introduced yet?
I think these cameras were spoken for before they even arrived at this shop. That is most likely why they were not listed. Andy has been very straightforward and honest with me. He is a good person to buy these cameras from. ;)

CrusaderNZ

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Andy said to me about a month ago he would get Wildcat here to test it when he gets one in.

He has a SD6AL445XA-HNR-IR 4MP 45x listed now, though that is 1/2.8", so I doubt anyone here who already has a 1/1.8" cam will want it :D

Parley

Known around here
Reaction score
If Wildcat lives in Orlando he should have received his camera. I accidentally got a tracking number from Paypal showing a shipment to that area. :) My camera is stlll sitting in Hong Kong as of this morning PDT.

Parley

Known around here
Reaction score
As of tonight DHL still says "Shipment information received" from April 10. From what I understand my camera is still at Andy's shop waiting for DHL to pick it up. DHL knows the camera is there but has not yet made an attempt to pick it up for shipment.

genelit

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I look forward reading about your first impressions when you finally receive the camera!

I spoke to my local dealer who talked to Dahua and thus beauty seem to be under final testing still.

To eager to wait so I ordered it's cousin today, the SD59432XA-HNR, that have the same features. What's most important to me is the new SMD Auto track.
Still looking forward to teet the SD5A425 anyway

Parley

Known around here
Reaction score
The camera came in today. :) I just finished mounting it as the mount is entirely different than the previous camera so it took a little extra time. Hopefully I will have some results later on today or tomorrow. Thank You Andy.

Edit: I forgot to say that this camera does NOT come with a POE power supply. For me the camera I just replaced with this one already had one so I just used it. Plus I have a spare one anyways.

Last edited:

Parley

Known around here
Reaction score
Ok, I wanted to wait for a night picture to compare the old 2MP Dahua PTZ with the 1/2.8" sensor and the new 4MP Dahua PTZ with the 1/1.8" sensor. These pictures are 12 days apart. The only change I made to the 4MP Dahua was to leave it in color day and night and no IR. Other wise the settings are factory. New Dahua on top and the old Dahua on the bottom. The main purpose of this camera when in the home position is to watch this portion of the sidewalk around my house. A few minutes ago someone walk by across the street with their dog and it was a big improvement.

Edit: Another person on this forum is doing an in depth analysis on this camera. I am very happy with this camera. It is what I thought it would be.

Camera 8F New Dahua.jpg

Camera 8F Old Dahua.jpg

Last edited: