SD6AE830V-HNI PTZ

jmcu

Known around here
Reaction score
Here is a look at the 4K SD6AE830V-HNI and a 4mp SD6C430U side by side.
It looks like they changed up the design a bit from the other PTZ.

It is a much larger top.
No longer a "top cap" where the wire harness plugs into.
Back of the dome has a access cover for the reset button and SD card
The wire harness looks the same.

I will post up some samples after I get it mounted.

20170121_100226_resized.jpg 20170121_100349_resized.jpg 20170121_100547_resized.jpg 20170121_101423_resized.jpg

hmjgriffon

Known around here
Reaction score
it's no starlight but 12mp probably make
Do you have a 2mp starlight to compare the 12mp to at night? the lux rating isn't great but then it's 12mp so I dunno if that will matter, @nayr would know better, but the image in good lighting must be amazing.

hmjgriffon

Known around here
Reaction score
wicked, the wife might think I am insane if I do something like that, but that won't stop me, buahahaha, it looks like you have it to where you can remove it and have lots of cable coiled up, do you do anything specific with this or just because you can and why the hell not? MERICA'.

jmcu

Known around here
Reaction score
Yes I can remove it.. Had to build a mount for removing it, my wife was sick of helping me taking it on / off.
I built the set up for filming Mx & stock car races, car shows and sporting events. But I use it for just about everything.

20160913_123545_resized_1.jpg

nayr

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
epic, as always from @jmcu

I call your dash cam and raise you a hitch mount 4k PTZ.. :p

ever thought about getting into stormChasing? Couple good tornado videos on youtube could start paying back all this gear.. at least thats the excuse to give to your old lady.

hmjgriffon

Known around here
Reaction score
epic, as always from @jmcu

I call your dash cam and raise you a hitch mount 4k PTZ.. :p

ever thought about getting into stormChasing? Couple good tornado videos on youtube could start paying back all this gear.. at least thats the excuse to give to your old lady.
I'd be happy with the ultra starlight ptz I think. Storm chasing, that's an idea, I may look into that. Only storms to chase here though are hurricanes.

jmcu

Known around here
Reaction score

CaliGirl

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
What kind of internal temp are you getting in those cameras? There is an option on the overlay to overlay the camera temp on the image. Highest I have seen is 120f during the 90F days painted black. Usually it hovers around 108f. Wondering how the white color performs with the temps.

jmcu

Known around here
Reaction score
I have 88° F on one and 96° on another one that is in the sun all day, but it is only 75 outside at the moment.
These are on a couple 2mp ones.
I will check again when it gets a little warmer.

CaliGirl

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I have 88° F on one and 96° on another one that is in the sun all day, but it is only 75 outside at the moment.
These are on a couple 2mp ones.
I will check again when it gets a little warmer.
Thanks jmcu. My camera hangs out at 111F at night (47F outside temp) and 120F during the day. SO basically it does not heat up do to the black paint in the day time. This is the 4mp 30x camera, so must run warmer. Spiders love it! ugh :(

LittleScoobyMaster

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Here is a look at the 4K SD6AE830V-HNI and a 4mp SD6C430U side by side.
It looks like they changed up the design a bit from the other PTZ.

It is a much larger top.
No longer a "top cap" where the wire harness plugs into.
Back of the dome has a access cover for the reset button and SD card
The wire harness looks the same.

I will post up some samples after I get it mounted.
I notice this camera is 2 years old. Is there a refreshed version of the SD6AE830V-HNI coming out anytime in the next couple months by any chance?

When I check Dahua's website, I only see 2 4K PTZ cameras. Is that all they have so far or am I missing some? I'm only interested in ones that would have come out in the last year or are coming out soon. thanks