SD6AL445XA-HNR-IR questions

AGorby

n3wb
Reaction score
Good morning everybody, I'm new to the forum here but have been enjoying the information I've gathered so far from everyone. To keep my story short, I live in a farmland area so I have the ability to see deer and other critters quite often so I enjoy a ptz that has good clairty and really good optical zoom/ night vision. The amount of ambient light is pretty minimal where we live being away from town so IR is needed.
I'm in the process of ordering an SD6AL445XA-HNR- IR from Andy and I'd like to make sure I'm making a good purchase as returns won't be easy, and I've had a bad run-in with an SD59225U-HNI, which is why I'm replacing it. It constantly had bugs and connection issues, would go black for days at a time then be fine, restart and not work, or just shut down and not take a reset. Tried new firmware, new POE+ injector, nothing. And then all of a sudden both motors started malfunctioning and it wouldn't come on with the video feed or quit twitching, so it's officially over for me.
I looked up this model and I've seen from the forum some mentions of small issues, be it preset functions and such, but there's not a whole lot out there. This version is the non laser version mind you.
Am I making a good choice? I'm really tempted to get 2 or 3 SD49225XA-HNR instead, as I hear great things about them.

Thank you for any thoughts