SD6CE225U-HNI - PTZ IP CAM

Hawkins

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi All. Sorry newer to forums so don't blast me too hard.

I am looking to pick up the SD6CE225U-HNI . I like the fact is scans and I think buying this may help me cut down the number of security camera's I need for total home surveillance. Sure maybe it's overkill but will be mounting on eaves 30-40 feet in the air (due to sloping yard) and this will be overwatching a 180 degree area that goes approx 80 ft on right, 90 ft straight out, and 50 ft on left. At the 90ft straight, my yard continues to slope downward so this may be the equivalent of 110 ft given the height and length.

First of all, is the scan feature "quick enough to give me a good scan? This camera won't necessarily be picking up the entrances to my house but will be an overall scan of backyard. I will have more focused cameras at the entrances. I do like the fact that if it sees something, it will track and zoom as needed if I understand the capability correctly.

Two: Do you recommend something else for this use? This seems to be the best of what I can find that doesn't break the bank too much. Note that I am assuming cost of this is around $400-500?

Three: Where should I buy something like this? Is this a Tech Andy product? I have not found any reputable websites that sell this. Where would one buy this?

Four: Any issues with this camera and the Blue Iris software?

Thanks for your help!
Hawkins

GSMarquis

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I have not been on here in awhile so this is why the late response. I have this cam. Dont expect alot from the AI. In fact. I would rather have fixed starlight cams.