SD6CE245XA-HNR power

tubac

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Just received an SD6CE245XA-HNR and it came with a power brick. I have the Poe switch below.
Aumox 18-Port Ethernet Gigabit PoE Switch, 16-Port PoE with 2 Uplink Gigabit Ports, 250W Built-in Power, Metal Casing and 19-inch Rackmount, Traffic Optimization, Plug and Play, Unmanaged(SG518P)

Will this switch have enough power to operate this camera, or am I stick with the power brick?
If anyone has experience with this cam please tell me how you power it?

Thanks,

tubac

As an Amazon Associate IPCamTalk earns from qualifying purchases.

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
You need a POE+ switch or POE+ injector and yours is only POE so the camera will be problematic on that switch as the most it will supply is 15.6 watts per port. It may work at idle, but once it moves or infrared and it will be reboot city.

Power
Power SupplyDC 24V/2.5A ± 25%; PoE+ (802.3at)
Power Consumption13W
26W (IR light on)

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
The last line of the specs you linked on amazon say "....Supporting IEEE802.3af/at network standards, with output power of 15.4W/30W" which (IMO) implies 1 port theoretically could meets the needs of 26W with IR on but it's close.....I'd likely use the POE+ injector they supplied with the cam, otherwise the other 15 ports on your POE switch are going to be somewhat limited (even though 14 W per port ain't too bad as long as you keep your eye on what you attempt to power with it).

tubac

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
The last line of the specs you linked on amazon say "....Supporting IEEE802.3af/at network standards, with output power of 15.4W/30W" which (IMO) implies 1 port theoretically could meets the needs of 26W with IR on but it's close.....I'd likely use the POE+ injector they supplied with the cam, otherwise the other 15 ports on your POE switch are going to be somewhat limited (even though 14 W per port ain't too bad as long as you keep your eye on what you attempt to power with it).
You need a POE+ switch or POE+ injector and yours is only POE so the camera will be problematic on that switch as the most it will supply is 15.6 watts per port. It may work at idle, but once it moves or infrared and it will be reboot city.

Power
Power SupplyDC 24V/2.5A ± 25%; PoE+ (802.3at)
Power Consumption13W
26W (IR light on)
Thank you!