SDK Woes - Anyone integrated their Hikvision IP cameras with their own software?

adegeofroy

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I've been coming to the forums for a few months for pointers and help with firmware nightmares, so thanks to everyone who's been active and helping others. I've been banging my head against the wall with these cameras for a while, so hopefully someone can help point me in the right direction.

I have three 2032's, all of which record video to a NAS, and all of that is working just fine. However, I'm trying to develop my own custom program that can poll all of the cameras at regular intervals, retrieve their log information, and then retrieve individual video clips based on the log results. More specifically I want each camera to log motion detection events, and I want my software to be able to ask each camera "Hey, have you seen any motion in the last X minutes?" If yes, then retrieve all of the video during that period.

I'm trying to write my program in C#, which I'm most familiar with (I haven't touched C/C++ in far too long), and I'm trying to work my way through the SDK but it's a nightmare. I've been attempting to use P/Invoke to call all of the different SDK functions, and I've had success with some of them but not others. I can't help but think that I'm just going about this all wrong. I recently learned about RTSP and the possibility of using that to change device settings via URLs, but I haven't come across any way to use it for retrieving videos.

Does anybody know of a simpler way for me to poll my cameras for motion events and then retrieve the corresponding videos? If not, has anybody managed to work with the SDK in C#? Or is my best bet just to familiarize myself with C++ again?

Thanks in advance, I really appreciate any help you can offer.

Reaction score
It has a long time since you had posted this, but here is what I found about Hikvision C# API for SDK:

C# LPR API

Did not test it yet, but still it seems to be a reliable reference.

Cheers

Hi everyone,

I've been coming to the forums for a few months for pointers and help with firmware nightmares, so thanks to everyone who's been active and helping others. I've been banging my head against the wall with these cameras for a while, so hopefully someone can help point me in the right direction.

I have three 2032's, all of which record video to a NAS, and all of that is working just fine. However, I'm trying to develop my own custom program that can poll all of the cameras at regular intervals, retrieve their log information, and then retrieve individual video clips based on the log results. More specifically I want each camera to log motion detection events, and I want my software to be able to ask each camera "Hey, have you seen any motion in the last X minutes?" If yes, then retrieve all of the video during that period.

I'm trying to write my program in C#, which I'm most familiar with (I haven't touched C/C++ in far too long), and I'm trying to work my way through the SDK but it's a nightmare. I've been attempting to use P/Invoke to call all of the different SDK functions, and I've had success with some of them but not others. I can't help but think that I'm just going about this all wrong. I recently learned about RTSP and the possibility of using that to change device settings via URLs, but I haven't come across any way to use it for retrieving videos.

Does anybody know of a simpler way for me to poll my cameras for motion events and then retrieve the corresponding videos? If not, has anybody managed to work with the SDK in C#? Or is my best bet just to familiarize myself with C++ again?

Thanks in advance, I really appreciate any help you can offer.