MartyO

Banned
Reaction score
Curious as to how people use these DACs with BI. Thanks

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Curious as to how people use these DACs with BI. Thanks
"Use the Trigger with DIO input bits option together with a Sealevel SeaDAC Lite (P/N 8112 and similar) device in order to receive an external signal from an alarm system, home security system, PIR sensor, electric gate, electric eye, etc. and interpret this as a camera trigger. "
Using the Sealevel SeaDAC Lite (P/N 8112 and similar), you may send a signal to an external device when the motion sensor is triggered. The Sealevel 8112 has 4 digital inputs and 4 digital relay outputs. In addition to the device and its drivers being installed, you must also have the SeaMAX.dll in your Blue Iris program folder. To configure this and other devices, see Options/Digital I/O."

MartyO

Banned
Reaction score
Fendrman, Havent yet bought home security system for second install yet, is their a BI friendly unit, I'm assuming SeaDac may or may not be be involved with this. thanks in advance

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Fendrman, Havent yet bought home security system for second install yet, is their a BI friendly unit, I'm assuming SeaDac may or may not be be involved with this. thanks in advance
I have never hooked up an alarm to blue iris...I just ordered a 120e unit to play with. Ken added the ability to use the ethernet based units like the e120..this allows you to place the device anywhere on the network (they even have POE powered version)...You can also place the device in a remote location and port forward to your blue iris machine...