Search IP cam which outputs an acoustig notification in case of an access?

RK_aus_S

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi
I'm searching for an IP cam which has the option to play/output an acoustic notification (some "beeps" or so...) when somebody accesses it.
With this option I want that everybody in my household is notified when she, he or I access the cam and watch its video. I don't want that the one of my family can watch ("observe") the other without the other beeing notified...

Know anybody if there are IP cam on the market with such a hardware option?

Regards,
Roman

Last edited:

C0m4

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Cams could notify about wrong passwords, but I don't think that anyone would implement a feature that you're asking for.

Sent from my SM-A720F using Tapatalk

RK_aus_S

n3wb
Reaction score
I'm wondering why?
For example, my D-Link cams do all have an option that the front LED blinks in case of an access to the cam. So at least somebody (from the D-Link engineers) thought about a local notification - if only visually. But nobody notices a blinking LED... :blankstare:

I wonder why is my request so strange - I think it's no more than fair that I inform the people inside a room if I watch in with my cam.

Last edited:

SyconsciousAu

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Hi
I'm searching for an IP cam which has the option to play/output an acoustic notification (some "beeps" or so...) when somebody accesses it.
With this option I want that everybody in my household is notified when she, he or I access the cam and watch its video. I don't want that the one of my family can watch ("observe") the other without the other beeing notified...

Know anybody if there are IP cam on the market with such a hardware option?

Regards,
Roman
If you family has trust issues where one needs to watch the other inside the house then save your money on cameras and get counselling instead. No internal CCTV system in a residence should be active when anyone is home but if it is it should be air gapped from the outside world.

RK_aus_S

n3wb
Reaction score
That's bullshit, sorry.
You simply cannot know all reasons, why someone sometimes wants / needs to have a look inside his own house.

Last edited: