Searching for IPCam

obmozmoc

n3wb
Reaction score
Hey guys,

I need your help with selecting the right camera for my usecase out of the jungle of available IP cams.

Location: Germany, river Mosel, little chappel at the top of the river valley, approx. 90° HFOV -> see ipvm camera calculator screenshot

Current camera: Mobotix M24M dome cam, 5MP, PoE

Issues with current cam:
1) It's a dome cam, with the center of the image being sharp, but the edges being blurry -> see day image
2) old sensor, high noise level, especially in summer nights when the sensor is warm -> see night image

Since recently there was a special offer, I bought an Annke NC800, just to see what's possible with an up to date camera and gather some experience.

I'm really impressed by the cleanlieness of the night picture. No noise, no stuck pixels, excellent low light preformance... remarkable!
However, there are some points that I do not like on the NC800:

1. I'm missing the option to add a graphic overlay (jpg/png/bmp; e.g. logo of similar) -> Which cameras offer this option?
  2. I'm missing the option to add dynamic text overlay, e.g. values of an external temperature sensor -> Which cameras offer this option?
  3. With the Mobotix cam, the image can be cropped (e.g. lower part of image shows street -> not interesting -> crop image to show only the interesting part). This seems to be not possible with the Annke NC800. -> Which cameras offer this option?
  4. The Annke NC800 offers the option to change camera parameters according to a manually set time schedule. -> Are there cameras out there which offer to automatically set camera parameters according to sunrise/sunset?
  5. When uploading a snapshot image to a webserver, the Annke NC800 always names the image "snapshot_date_time_someothersuffix.jpg", which makes it difficult to include the image in a webpage. The Mobotix however offers the option to save the image always with the same name -> ideal for including it in a webpage -> Which cameras offer the option to upload the image via FTP with always the same filename?
Your help is much appreciated!

Attachments