Secuplug+ 4MP PTZ camera with 10x optical zoom

happymanny

n3wb
Reaction score
Found this on amazon today for 229USD, while looking to add a camera to my system. They also have a 2MP version that seems to have decent reviews.

Is anyone familiar with secuplug+? it seems like an amazing amount of camera for the money, but I'm worried that it is too good to be true. The 4MP version has no reviews yet. The biggest downfall I can see is that the camera does not appear to be POE, but can be used with a PoE switch via a Poe splitter, which I am not opposed to using.

Does anyone have any comparable cameras around the same price? I really want a good PTZ camera with great night vision, but I don't want to spend $600 to get it.

4MP: Amazon.com : SecuPlug+ Outdoor HD Wired 4MP PTZ IP Speed Dome Camera with 4.0MP Megapixel Resolution and 10X Optical Zoom, 150ft Night Vision, Remote View by Mobile, Onvif Compatible with Milestone and Blue Iris : Camera & Photo

2MP: Amazon.com : SecuPlug+ Outdoor HD Wired 4MP PTZ IP Speed Dome Camera with 4.0MP Megapixel Resolution and 10X Optical Zoom, 150ft Night Vision, Remote View by Mobile, Onvif Compatible with Milestone and Blue Iris : Camera & Photo

As an Amazon Associate IPCamTalk earns from qualifying purchases.
Reaction score
Fakespot.com gives the 2MP version a "A" rating of over 90% quality reviews of 11 total reviews. No rating available for the 4MP version, yet.

vmsguy

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I have 2 of the the 2MP variants that I picked up on Amazon. I have been running them for about 9 months, and I have not had any issues
with them. We have a fairly large seasonal change, single digits or below 0 in winter, and mid to upper 90's in summer and cameras have tolerated the weather conditions fine.

Here are links to some captured video:

Daytime:

Nightime:

Some screen shots and snaps from the camera utility:
secuplug.jpg secuplug-zoom.jpg

Attachments

hmjgriffon

Known around here
Reaction score
Found this on amazon today for 229USD, while looking to add a camera to my system. They also have a 2MP version that seems to have decent reviews.

Is anyone familiar with secuplug+? it seems like an amazing amount of camera for the money, but I'm worried that it is too good to be true. The 4MP version has no reviews yet. The biggest downfall I can see is that the camera does not appear to be POE, but can be used with a PoE switch via a Poe splitter, which I am not opposed to using.

Does anyone have any comparable cameras around the same price? I really want a good PTZ camera with great night vision, but I don't want to spend $600 to get it.

4MP: Amazon.com : SecuPlug+ Outdoor HD Wired 4MP PTZ IP Speed Dome Camera with 4.0MP Megapixel Resolution and 10X Optical Zoom, 150ft Night Vision, Remote View by Mobile, Onvif Compatible with Milestone and Blue Iris : Camera & Photo

2MP: Amazon.com : SecuPlug+ Outdoor HD Wired 4MP PTZ IP Speed Dome Camera with 4.0MP Megapixel Resolution and 10X Optical Zoom, 150ft Night Vision, Remote View by Mobile, Onvif Compatible with Milestone and Blue Iris : Camera & Photo
Dahua starlight ptz for $350 if you can stretch your budget limit a little, there's a thread on it.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

As an Amazon Associate IPCamTalk earns from qualifying purchases.