Securing a house (technical advise needed)

0blar

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Hi

I wish to secure a house (39ft x 53ft) and an inclined garden around it (about 65ft x 50ft).

No light outside (only moon light).
I need to secure this area with some cameras,motion detectors, ... and i need some advises.

Here the devices i was thinking to use to secure the area:
- nvr (5216-4ks2)
- HDW5231R-Z
- HDBW5231R-Z
- siren (need to get )
- IR barriere (GZGMET photoelectric Transmitter Receiver Passive Ir Beam Infrared Barrier Sensor Gsm wired Alarm System Perimeter Detector-in Sensor & Detector from Security & Protection on Aliexpress.com | Alibaba Group)
- motion detectors (need to get )

I wish to have led light or IR illuminators turn on when motion detector get something in the garden area, and when someone enter via balconies then start to record the events on the nvr.

I don' know what will be the best way to get the best image result during night recording:

- using a PIR Motion sensor lamp LED (10w 20w 30w 50w 70w DC 12V waterproof PIR Motion sensor Induction Sense lamp LED Flood Light Outdoor Lamp-in Floodlights from Lights & Lighting on Aliexpress.com | Alibaba Group) like this one (12v-50w)
- or using IR illuminators ?

I have also balcony that i wish to secure with IR barriere or something better.

I need to know what will be the best choice to install the camera and the lighting and to get the correct hardware.

Is it also possible to advise me the best place to install the cameras to get the area covered.

Thanks.

Attachments

Kawboy12R

Known around here
Reaction score
Personally, I like a mix of white light (dusk til dawn and motion) and IR. My place is lit reasonably softly all the way around with white lights. I've also got motion lights that kick in when someone's walking outside, plus some infrared. Most cams have their IR turned off and use the external lighting.

The way to get the best images is to add more light, white and/or IR. You'll probably have to tweak things a bit after installation to improve things. One trick in some situations is to add lights OVER a scene to illuminate the background. This can balance out the exposure if you don't want to, for instance, set the cam's exposure and gain to not white out faces up close (where you'll get your money shots), which can make the rest of the scene way too dark.

As for where to put the cameras, put one at each doorway at or just above face height. Then cover other areas of high traffic, high value (your cars), and choke points. Then add more cameras to fill in what the others don't cover. Try ipvm.com/calculator and add your camera's specs. Try and locate cameras that you hope to use for facial ID pics where they'll give you 100ppf (pixels per foot) where you expect people to be. Try and be a movie director and control distance, angle, and lighting, then choose the lens length that'll give you the detail you want. You can use a mix of cameras covering the same area as well. A wide angle (3.6 or 2.8mm maybe) to tell you what happened (you'll see almost everything), and another camera with a longer lens to try and give you a detailed face pic. 2.8mm alone tends to be crap at night for a number of reasons unless you just want to show your insurance company "there it goes!" rather than show the cops "here's a detailed face pic of the jerk that stole my stuff".

"Is it also possible to advise me the best place to install the cameras to get the area covered." Not with the diagram provided. Just put a cam at each door (include balconies if there's ground access for an athletic kid), one on each driveway, then one on each area of interest, like your back garden. Use the calculator to roughly show what each cam is going to cover using reasonable lens lengths (that comes with practice). 3.6-ish is common for doorways, 6mm for close-parked cars. 12mm or maybe longer for items or areas at a distance. 2.8mm for overview shots or people who come right up to the camera in open areas, not areas where pixels will be wasted on walls, soffet, and other things that can also screw up the picture from IR reflection.