Security drone

J Sigmo

Known around here
Reaction score
As a skeet and trap shooter, i would like to swap the clay pigeon for a drone once :D

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk
You need to attend one of the cannon and machine-gun shoots held near here every summer. They fly RC aircraft downrange to provide interesting targets for the participants to fire at. The night-time events are fun, because the planes are lighted, and the tracers show up in a more spectacular way. :)

NoloC

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
You need to attend one of the cannon and machine-gun shoots held near here every summer. They fly RC aircraft downrange to provide interesting targets for the participants to fire at. The night-time events are fun, because the planes are lighted, and the tracers show up in a more spectacular way. :)
So I don't know where you are located but it sounds like a lot of fun.

I am going to rule out San Francisco as your possible location though.

J Sigmo

Known around here
Reaction score
That's pure inspiration!

I might be a redneck if.... :)

J Sigmo

Known around here
Reaction score
I've seen that one. Tannerite and its cousins create a reasonably high-velocity detonation. You need to be careful to avoid creating shrapnel and be sure to stay out of the danger zone it could create.

When I was a kid, we got some cherry bombs from a friend's brother who got them in Tijuana. The first one we lit was placed on the ground with an upside down steel coffee can over it. The bottom of the can separated from the can and went a hundred feet up or so. The cylinder of the can went about 50 feet up. But what put the fear into us was that when we examined the cylinder part of the can, it had a number of holes in it where pebbles had been propelled at a high enough velocity to shoot right through it.

We were not standing nearly far enough away! It was only dumb luck that one of us wasn't hit by one of those pebbles. That lesson served us all very well!

J Sigmo

Known around here
Reaction score

Just some cheap spray paint, an ignition source, and a .17HMR rifle using Hornady V-Max rounds. A full day of fun at an undisclosed location. Yes, we clean up our mess before leaving.

Shot with a Canon 40D with EF 70-200mm f/2.8L at approximately 6 frames per second burst mode, for you camera enthusiasts who might wonder.