Security Labs NVR - Out of business? Help!

Reaction score
Hello!

I purchased a NVR setup from Security Labs. I am having problems with getting the system to recognize added cameras, and their website and customer support is no longer available! Figures!

So, is it possible to load a new software system onto my nvr hard drive that is more user friendly? I use the POE setup for my cameras and while the basics work, I can't do any upgrades to the cameras or firmware.

I really don't want to use my computer to access the nvr, that's why I got the system in the first place, to have a stand alone setup. What options (if any short of getting a new NVR recorder) do I have?

Thanks in advance for any advice!

nayr

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
What options (if any short of getting a new NVR recorder) do I have?
Living with it the way it is.. you cant load different firmware on it tha'll do anything more than brick it and force you to buy a new one.

Reaction score
Thank you for replying. That sucks! So *sigh, how do I get this to accept other cameras? Or is that not gonna happen, either? And, worse case scenario, if I DO replace my NVR, is there a brand that's more user friendly and multi compatible, without being anciently outdated before even installing it?

nayr

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
if you want to mix and match camera vendors your better off going with a PC-NVR such as BlueIris or MileStone..

Hardware NVR's only work well if you stick w/all one vendor.. start to bring in 3rd party cameras and they all become a pain to setup unless you know what your doing and why.

Reaction score
Sadly I didn't have a choice in adding cameras, can't hardly find them available from this manufacturer. Its a gamble when I do. Thanks again :-( Guess it's back to the drawing board, at least a little more wiser anyway