Security Threat?

gotitmadecij

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
On the "Blue Iris Status" box , when I look at the "messages" tab I see a column header "Object" that says Server, next to this is an IP Address followed by the word Connected. On the "Connections" tab I do not always see the same IP address as before ,although sometimes it does match. On the "Connections" tab it does not show any "Frames". My understanding is that as long as no frames are shown no videos have been released. Is this correct? Thanks.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
On the "Blue Iris Status" box , when I look at the "messages" tab I see a column header "Object" that says Server, next to this is an IP Address followed by the word Connected. On the "Connections" tab I do not always see the same IP address as before ,although sometimes it does match. On the "Connections" tab it does not show any "Frames". My understanding is that as long as no frames are shown no videos have been released. Is this correct? Thanks.
That is correct. Someone is landing on your login page. You should read the wiki on securing your network.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Thank you sir. as always you are a great help... again Thanks
Also note, that since you are port forwarding, if someone were to find a way to exploit the blue iris webserver you may not see any indication that video was viewed or worse.