Seeking camera recommendations

BlaiseP

n3wb
Reaction score
I'm really just a software consultant, but one of my clients wants me to do his security system as well. Looking around, it's becoming clear Blue Iris is the preferred solution.

The Phylink Bullet 1080 looks like a pretty good outdoor solution, though again, if someone has some recommendations, I'm open to suggestions.

But for the indoor part of the solution, I'm looking for a good pan-tilt-zoom IP cam with IR and two-way audio.

What counts as "good"? First and foremost, it has to play nicely with the Blue Iris software.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
1) dont use wireless cams...particularly outdoors...wire it up...
2) blue iris is great, but understand that its complex..you may be better off with an NVR if the customer wants something simple and reliable..
3) for indoors, consider a wide angle 2.8mm lens camera (like the hikvision 2432 with pir sensor)...get the 2.8mm lens and it will most of the room...pan tilt is overrated
4) consider the hikvision 2332 turret for outdoors.

Zxel

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
You may want to talk to @RyanODan over at Nellly's - see this thread, they can probably set you up with a full system (which will be supported by professionals for 2-3 years). I've been in your situation (back in the day - lol - showing my age) and you will want that support - you can trust me on this. It doesn't have to be Nelly's but you will want someone to have your back. :cool:

BlaiseP

n3wb
Reaction score
I'm a pro. I unconditionally guarantee my own software. And I know better than to think I know what I'm doing the first time round. But I see these scamulous, overpriced solutions from the Usual Suspects, lousy support etc. I'll give them a call right away. And it looks like they use Hikvision gear, as the worthy fenderman is advising. Man, this is what I call quick turnaround on a nOOb question. Many thanks, y'all