Seeking suggestions on small or hidden cameras for interior use.

Michael Graves

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
For years we've had exterior cameras, largely to watch our cars, which park on the street in front of our home. My wife did not want any cameras inside.

Recently, we went on vacation for a week. The Mrs decided that she would have someone look in on our two cats, who would stay home. In the past they were boarded, but our younger cat does not like to be outside the home.

She asked me to add some interior cameras so she could look in on the cats from time-to-time. I did this temporarily using some cheap IP bullet cameras that I had on-hand.

This worked so well that she now wants me to install interior cameras. However, they need to be hidden or at least very discrete.

Any suggestions?

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
How about this? Ultra Smart 4MP Fixed-focal Pinhole Network Camera,IPC-HUM4431S-L4 - IP Cam Talk Store

It doesn't have PoE or infrared and it uses a really small 4MP sensor and lens so don't expect good low-light performance. But it is a Dahua camera at least and not WiFi.

If you need something more discreet than that, I don't know of anything from a reputable manufacturer. You can find any number of hidden cameras inside of USB charging wall warts, clocks, or even LED light bulbs, which run on wifi or only record to an internal SD card. Results my vary. I wouldn't waste my time with any of them.

Michael Graves

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
How about this? Ultra Smart 4MP Fixed-focal Pinhole Network Camera,IPC-HUM4431S-L4 - IP Cam Talk Store

It doesn't have PoE or infrared and it uses a really small 4MP sensor and lens so don't expect good low-light performance. But it is a Dahua camera at least and not WiFi.

If you need something more discreet than that, I don't know of anything from a reputable manufacturer. You can find any number of hidden cameras inside of USB charging wall warts, clocks, or even LED light bulbs, which run on wifi or only record to an internal SD card. Results my vary. I wouldn't waste my time with any of them.
Thanks. I saw that one while reading through some older threads on the matter. I somewhat suspect that what I seek is not available. I really want POE. I may need to simply installed some low-profile in-ceiling cameras. Or perhaps something that sits on a cabinet instead of being permanently installed.

looney2ns

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Reaction score
As an Amazon Associate IPCamTalk earns from qualifying purchases.