Seems odd that Dahua IVS cannot use day/night profiles to activate/deactivate events

Sybertiger

Known around here
Reaction score
They go through the trouble of allowing for day/night scenarios but if you want to set to actual day/night times you have to use DahuaSunriseSunset. But, then on IVS you only have the option to hard set a schedule for IVS rule...no accounting for sunrise/setset or day/night profile. Seems like the wind blowing the trees and resulting movement of shadows is causing problems for my IVS rules in the daytime on one side of the house. If I make the rule so hardfast to avoid false triggers in the daytime then when it gets dark it's not sensitive enough. Any pointers fellas? I'm using IVS from Dahau cams and PullPointSubscription in Blue Iris to log events.

Below are some example scenarios I was playing with for the IPC-HDW5231R-ZE I have mounted. Played a little with the "Min Size". There is no "Human" IVS available in this firmware version but I'd like to capture little critters anyway. Had a pack of 4 coyotes the other day but I like to capture the stray cats, possums, armadillos, etc too. On the Min Size I wish the cams would account for "perspective" with regard to objects farther away appear small than nearby and Min Size doesn't account for this.

Capture.JPG

Capture1.JPG

Capture2.JPG

Last edited:

looney2ns

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Using the motion portion of BI can indeed be setup to change at time of day, or multiple times per day if you want.
BI does a much better job at motion detection when properly tuned than in camera will.

Sybertiger

Known around here
Reaction score
Using the motion portion of BI can indeed be setup to change at time of day, or multiple times per day if you want.
BI does a much better job at motion detection when properly tuned than in camera will.
Yup, since Dahua hasn't provided a more graceful scheduling system that includes sunrise/sunset across the board in the settings I'm gonna have to go back to BI motion detection which a lot of people aren't 100% sold on. You see a fair amount of "you need to set it up properly" or "you just don't have it set up right" but fewer responses like "this is how I tackled that problem". I realize all situation are unique but if there were only more and better videos on the topic of motion detection settings in BI. Richard at HomeTech Video has some good videos but wish there were more. It's not easy to properly tune BI which is why there probably aren't a lot of videos on the subject of tuning or specific settings. Headlights, clouds and tree/leaves seem to be a real headache to deal with.

Last edited:

looney2ns

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Yup, since Dahua hasn't provided a more graceful scheduling system that includes sunrise/sunset across the board in the settings I'm gonna have to go back to BI motion detection which a lot of people aren't 100% sold on. You see a fair amount of "you need to set it up properly" or "you just don't have it set up right" but fewer responses like "this is how I tackled that problem. I realize all situation are unique but if there were only more and better videos on the topic of motion detection settings in BI. Richard at HomeTech Video has some good videos but wish there were more. It's not easy to properly tune BI which is why there probably aren't a lot of videos on the subject of tuning or specific settings. Headlights, clouds and tree/leaves seem to be a real headache to deal with.
The best way, is to use the "Run Motion Through Test" when playing back videos that you've had questionable results. And it will show you the results of any changes you make to the settings.
Be sure to start playing the video at least 30 seconds prior to the motion you want to adjust. Also, make sure you are running the correct profile when making changes. IE: night time profile when making changes to a night video, or a daytime profile when doing a day video.

th182

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
How do you get those images with multiple IVS rules displayed in one shot? Several threads have images like that and I’ve even watched a video where the rules were all visible so you could see when they triggered.

Is there a setting I’m missing or is this just fancy editing for posting?

Sybertiger

Known around here
Reaction score
How do you get those images with multiple IVS rules displayed in one shot? Several threads have images like that and I’ve even watched a video where the rules were all visible so you could see when they triggered.

Is there a setting I’m missing or is this just fancy editing for posting?
Select the Live tab to see all your IVS rules in one place.

Capture.JPG

Capture2.JPG

Attachments

th182

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
Ah. I only get a PTZ button in the bottom corner of the Live tab window. Must vary by firmware and camera type. Mine is an SD49225XA-HNR PTZ.

Arjun

Known around here
Reaction score
Ah. I only get a PTZ button in the bottom corner of the Live tab window. Must vary by firmware and camera type. Mine is an SD49225XA-HNR PTZ.
Make sure you’re in Preset 1 then click on live view, the IVS rules (blue lines) should appear

Arjun

Known around here
Reaction score
Hopefully one day we will not have to resort to browser plugins and internet explorer; this has gone long enough, lol

One camera works only with internet explorer, whereas another one in pale moon, and another one with google chrome and extension

th182

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
Hopefully one day we will not have to resort to browser plugins and internet explorer; this has gone long enough, lol

One camera works only with internet explorer, whereas another one in pale moon, and another one with google chrome and extension
What are the chances some of my issues are from using chrome and not I.E.? Maybe I’ll default the camera and start over using I.E. to configure.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Arjun

Known around here
Reaction score
What are the chances some of my issues are from using chrome and not I.E.? Maybe I’ll default the camera and start over using I.E. to configure.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
There’s always a chance especially when one browser is able to save the configuration whereas the other is not