Select individual IVS rules for push notifications?

ShawnB

n3wb
Reaction score
I have an IPC-HDW5231R-Z (V2.800.0000018.0.R, Build Date: 2021-07-07) connected to a DHI-NVR5432-4KS2 (V4.001.0000006.1, Build Date: 2021-07-09), and I am running the latest DMSS (1.94.00, Build Date 2020-08-21) on IOS/iPhone via local direct connect to the NVR (no cloud login).

I have three IVS tripwire rules created directly on the camera web UI. I ran two rules for the past 18+ months, and only received push notifications for one rule, while both rules otherwise functioned normally (e.g. adding orange bars to the playback timeline in Smart PSS). I recently added the third rule, and now can’t figure out how to turn off push notifications for it.

I seem to recall the old iDMSS Pro IOS app having the ability to select individual IVS rules when subscribing to alerts, where the current DMSS only seems to be able to subscribe to all alerts of a certain type per device.

I also seem to recall that when I “upgraded” to the DMSS app, I found a way to edit the IVS rule on the NVR to enable or disable push notifications per rule. I remember there was some typical Dahua BS involved (unfortunately I didn’t take notes) – maybe there was a “push” checkbox in the IVS rule config, but it was only in the local/hardwired UI on the NVR and nowhere else; or maybe the “send e-mail” checkbox also toggled push notifications.

I can’t remember what I did, and if I compare the new rule that sends push notifications with the one old rule that doesn’t send push notifications, I can’t find any options that are different. I’ve also tried enabling/disabling various settings (send e-mail, log, etc) in the new rule, but it doesn’t seem to affect the push notifications.

I can’t help but wonder (typical Dahua) if there used to be a checkbox, which was since removed/lost/etc, but the old setting is still hidden in a config file and being referenced. I don’t always reset defaults when upgrading (unless I run into issues), and I’m guessing I’ve done a few upgrades since I setup the original two rules.

Any ideas on how to disable push notifications per IVS rule?
Thanks