Semper Fi You Security Camera Guru's!!

Reaction score
First off, thank you all for the help you have given me already, as well as the fine wiki and reading I have done thus far. Not an entire noob to this, but have never done my own, and not on my own out of pocket expense. I was born in Lubbock Texas, left (thank God..:), by joining the Marines, did 21 years (Infantry Platoon Sgt./Instructor/Drill Instructor for Enlisted and Officers), self taught IT crap, BS in Business, then a contractor to the feds for 14 years. Had enough of Northern VA, quit my very well paid but brain dead job, and packed up the entire family and moved to San Antonio about 7 years ago. Never looked back, no regrets, and God Bless Texas!

Have already ran into some very fine people here and I am sure there are many more. I can see how this can quickly become a hobby....Like all hobbies...depends how much money you throw at it. I am into Radio Control Everything, but have stopped that thirst due to raising 8 and 12 year old, wonderful daughters (RC = $$$$) and taking care of a wonderful Filipina Asawa. So I find projects like this that will not cost me a arm and a leg (yes it could). It is very satisfying I must admit (as I sit here typing this while watching my daughters play in the front yard). I am also into guns, well I was until I had that major boating accident and lost them all. :) I rarely buy things new, I prefer to buy them used so I can 'modify' them.

Anyhow, just wanted to say hello, tell a little bit about myself and OMG 2020 JUST GO AWAY! :)

Take care and be safe!

gwminor48

Known around here
Reaction score
Hello, welcome to the forum from a lifelong Texan in the DFW area.