Send ONVIF Command when BI profile change

vaughanmcd

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi All, I have a TIOC camera I'm testing ( DH-IPC-HDW3849H-AS-PV-S3 )

I would like to be able to turn on and off IVS Plan based on BI profile.
For example alarm system is disarmed > Alarm tell automation to set BI profile to profile 1 > on profile change send command to camera to turn off IVS.

The camera does have a digital cable input to set and unset IVS but this means I have to run another cable out to each camera and I'm try to avoid this, as I'm sure there is a way to do this via command.

The camera supports ONVIF profile S, G, and T.

I dont know what the command would be to turn on or turn off IVS

Any pointers would be appreciated.

Thanks

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
The beauty of the TIOC cams is that it has an alarm enable/disable function and you can simply call that command instead and then let the camera do the heaving lifting of triggering the lights or sirens thru IVS rules.

I have my IVS rules set up in the camera and then have a BI profile to turn off the alarms on the fly via mobile. I simply switch to that profile and the lights/audio do not come on. When I switch back to normal profile, I then have this command run again except false becomes true and it turns the lights/audio back on when the IVS is triggered.

Here is the command using curl:

Code:
curl --digest --globoff “http://admin:password@192.168.1.108/cgi-bin/configManager.cgi?action=setConfig&DisableLinkage[0].Enable=false”
Each camera is different so for ENABLE, False either turns it off or on, and then True is the opposite, so you will need to play with it to figure out if you put in True or False to disable and then the opposite to enable.

And you simply put it in the action box:

1693479752093.png

Now regarding that camera, if you can return it, I would suggest you do so !

The 3849 is a horrible camera that should have never been sold.

This is active deterrence camera on an 8MP on a 1/2.8" sensor, so it is on a horrible MP/sensor ratio. You cannot have enough light at night for it to perform well. That sensor is designed for 2MP so a 2MP camera will kick its butt all night long.

Even worse, since this 8MP is on the same sensor and CPU as a 2MP non TIOC camera and there are many threads here showing how under-performing that 3849 is. They had to limit bitrate and other parameters on the 3849 to try to make it functional, and it just doesn't cut it.

In my opinion the 3849 should not be sold with that current MP/sensor and CPU combination, but alas everybody wants 4k and chases MP over sensor and this camera is the epitome of that thinking.

Further, the red/blue flashing lights are more gimmicky and are certainly not a deterrent. With any ambient light you won't see the red/blue flashing unless you are looking right at the camera.

If you want active deterrence, your best bet is to go with the 2MP IPC-T5241H-AS-PV that will blink the white light. This is on the ideal MP/sensor ratio and will perform comparably to any similar 2MP fixed lens camera by Dahua. I have two of them. I have some of the other active deterrence cams as well, and would opt for the 2MP in every instance except for indoor, one could go with the IPC-HDW3449HP-AS-PV that has the red/blue lights that will bounce off the walls and be much more impressive than outside.

Lot's of threads here where people showed how bad the 3849 camera is in performing:

IPC-HDW3849H-AS-PV issues
I put this guy up and for some reason, and I can put my finger on it, this picture just looks strange. The grass kind of looks like digital or something. The camera is on the default settings but I feel like I have tweaked most of them. Any suggestions? IPC-HDW3849H-AS-PV is the camera.

IPC-HDW3849H-AS-PV loses connection/reboots during the day
I have a IPC-HDW3849H-AS-PV (8MP, Full-color night, 1/2.8” CMOS (3840 × 2160) @20 fps). I also have several IPC-HDW5831R-ZE, IPC-HDW2831T-ZS-S2 , and IPC-HDW4431C-A. The IPC-HDW3849H-AS-PV disconnects and reboots during the day, I have no issues during the night. It's my only cam that has this...

Replaced HDW5442TMP-ASE by HFW3849T1P
Hello everybody! I replaced my favourite camera HDW5442TMP-ASE with new HFW3849T1P and I came accorss that HDW5442TMP-ASE has much better picture than newer one. I replaced it because HFW3849T1P 8MP instead of HDW5442TMP-ASE 5Mp and HFW3849T1P is TIOC (three in one camera). I didn't expect so...

Dahua 8mp (TIOC): Full Colour, Active Deterrence & AI
Dahua 8mp (TIOC): Full Colour, Active Deterrence & AI now for sale in UK. I wish they had the Image Sensor: 1/1.8" and a F1:0 lens as I would be all over this. SPECIFICATION Model Number: IPC-HFW3849T1P-AS-PV-280 CAMERA Image Sensor: 1/2.8" Progressive CMOS Effective Pixels : 3840 x 2160...

IPC-HDW3849H-AS-PV Video Quality
Hi All, I have recently installed Dahua IPC-HDW3849H-AS-PV, 2.8mm (8MP, full color, active deterrence) cameras. The overall video quality is good but I cannot read number plate for cars passing down the road (approx 11 meters away) or identify people properly. Is it the expected behavior? What...

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
+1^^^.
A 1/2.8" sensor is more suited to a 2MP camera, just 1/4 the size of that cam's 8MP rating......VERY poor low light performance.

vaughanmcd

n3wb
Reaction score
Thanks for you advise very helpful.
I can not get the cameras IVS to turn on or off am I setting up the command correctly?

In the file box there is no actual file, is this right?
camera box: do I select the camera or leave on default?
in the code I replaced password and IP with the my specific data.
curl.PNG

Is this what the command is turning on and off?

Capture.PNG

Thanks

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
The look of the Action screen may be a little different based on BI version differences we are on, but that looks correct.

So the API I provided is to turn the alarms off and on as that is what most people want. You know - hey I am going to be in the backyard and don't need the TIOC going and sending me bunches of alerts.

If you instead what to turn IVS rules off and on, that is a different API.

You would have to run this command to get what the rules are called and then turn them off or on based on that:

Code:
http://xxx:xxx@10.10.1.108/cgi-bin/configManager.cgi?action=getConfig&name=VideoAnalyseRule

vaughanmcd

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi, Turning the alarms off and on is what I wanted , But it did not work and I can not see in the Camera UI what it is enabling or disabling,
Or does it not show up in the camera UI
I thought IVS plan was the alarms,

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
It could possibly be they couldn't offer that on that under-sized processor.

All of my TIOC cams have this screen and that API turns this off or on to enable or disable the alarms:

1693535550326.png

vaughanmcd

n3wb
Reaction score
Yes I have this screen as well , Still can get camera to disarms.

1693548383215.png
is it anything to do with this
1693548446213.png

Is there some software if can test to send the curl command outside of bi. to see if I can get camera to disarm?

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Yeah go to the CMD prompt and put in the curl command to see if it will respond. If it does then we need to figure out how to make it work in BI

vaughanmcd

n3wb
Reaction score
After some trial and error I figured out the password in the command I was using had an illegal character and did not allow "#". Once I add another user to the camera with a different password it worked.
also worked in BI as well,
Thanks for everyone's help on this.