Sensor size revisited

RonL

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
There has been multiple discussions on sensor size, and the bottom line seems to be bigger is better. So a big sensor with big mp is best (if you don't have verifocal / zoom lenses) . I have ried to do research into this and if I stick with analog cameras, I find nothing bigger than 1/2.7 . And speaking of that, I think its just stupid the way they present the size. Just put down the decimal size and be done. But back to my checking analog cameras. If anyone know where I can get something better than the 1/2.7 , let me know.
I did get an answer from hikvision tech support, and that is the same lens they use for 2mg colorvu, 5mg colorvo and the 8mg exir camera. (Or so they say).... gs cameras are 1/2.8 . I did find some others 1/3, 1/2.9 .. but nothing bigger than the hikvision 1/2.7. Any analog camera non zoom bigger than that ?

RonL

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Dahua have analog pro line series with Starlight+ 1/1.8" sensors

Thanks, but trying to find these, I can't see anything that matches. The ones I did find are shown below, but thier size is 1/2.7
And it looks like they need a conversion , they don't have direct bnc connectors.
See if you can find one and give me a link. I sure don't see them.

Attachments

RonL

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
All this time invested on research on analog cameras you could have had the ethernet ran by now :lmao:
Not in my blown fiberglass attic. Current cable is fastened so no pulling it through.
I'm retired so what else do I have to do ? Got to get the best bang for my buck.
I'm also seeing most places I might becable to buy a dahua, it says not available in my USA region.

mat200

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Not in my blown fiberglass attic. Current cable is fastened so no pulling it through.
I'm retired so what else do I have to do ? Got to get the best bang for my buck.
I'm also seeing most places I might becable to buy a dahua, it says not available in my USA region.
FYI - many of us get Dahua OEM from Andy here ..

steve1225

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Put a new CAT6 (ethernet) cables next to old BNC ones.. or find a new way to route them to places where You need them.. There is no need to put them over attic - You can put cables over house in roof headliner (false ceiling) and route them to one place where they enter house/garage by hole in wall...

Analog (BNC) CCTV cameras is an ancient technology, which is used only on cheapest systems.. there is no Huge progres here...