Sentry alerts not triggering homeseer

Sean313

n3wb
Reaction score
Hello,

I have been running BI with the homeseer plugin for at least 3 years. I recently enrolled in sentry to try and cut down on false alerts. I did notice that since I went to sentry it is not triggering my homeseer system like I would like it to or at least not quick enough. Is it possible to enable only certain zones to go through sentry? Like if I did motion zone F for lighting and did not have it go through sentry.

TIA!

integlikewhoa

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Nope,

Biggest problem is BlueIris is not giving us enough control with sentry. I would be nice to have more then one alert option. So we could trigger based off BI motion detection or Sentry. Or even more options. But currently and has been for some time that you cant do that. Once sentry is turned on for a camera everything is now only based off that. And sentry now supports Cars, Pet, People and more but there is still only one alert option in Blueiris so it does no good to have these different options in Sentry if Blueiris cant do anything different which them.

Until BI and Sentry work together better we are very limited on its capability.

Chapin

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Maybe a workaround is to create a second camera in BI for use with HS and don’t send to Sentry? Could use a sub stream for this.

integlikewhoa

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Maybe a workaround is to create a second camera in BI for use with HS and don’t send to Sentry? Could use a sub stream for this.
That is a Micky solution that would work but I have 10 cameras and that also would put unwanted load on the system adding 10 more cameras into BI.

Chapin

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Think of it as a work around until a final solution is achievable.

I have 9 cams, but only use one so far with HS. Just setting up Sentry now, I may end up doing this.

Another option might be different profiles using Sentry or not.

integlikewhoa

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Think of it as a work around until a final solution is achievable.

I have 9 cams, but only use one so far with HS. Just setting up Sentry now, I may end up doing this.

Another option might be different profiles using Sentry or not.
The problem is much deeper. Sentry detects cars, people and pets. Sentry identify's and labels each differently in a nightly email. But Blueiris doesn't get any of that info. I believe that BI and Sentry could work well together if they were under the same roof or same company. Right now seems that there is a big disconnect between them. It's not really in BI best interest to focus alot of settings and software rewrites to help Sentry Customers. And Sentry is focused on their own web portal, email alerts and other things vs. what we already have in BI. When BI V5 dropped I expected alot of this intergration to happen but we got a single Little Man Icon on our clips and very little options. I been a BI customer for some time and like everything Local as possible so I feel I'm pushing to not get emails every night (I have BI alerts) from sentry and not have an online portal to login and check my clips (have all that in Blueiris locally) but it seems that Sentry needs that (or feels that is does) for it's own progression as a separate company.

I have cameras in the front that face a driveway and even streets. this really throws off Sentry (parked cars and such). I already have different levels of recording. Street cameras based on software in the camera triggers BI to record any motion the camera picksup. So cars driving by or pulling up in front of the house are recorded to bi via an external trigger but no alerts are set off. But if they they drive up in the property or walk up then Bi triggers its own motion in the zone and sends alerts adding Sentry on this has been hit and miss. Sentry single first frame detection is also an issue with the way I have things setup as motion could have trigger recording before the person reached the zone. Another problem is zones. Sentry recieves a clip from the whole camera. Not the zone I have highlighted in Blueiris. So if a shadow triggers BI on my property in the zone but the camera also has a car parked across the street or a person walking down the sidewalk which is outside the zone it still triggers as a positive hit.

Atleast before if I got false positives I could tweek the BI settings and adjust as needed to get it where I wanted. With Sentry False Positives I can't fix anything, and I can't even see what it saw as I don't have access to the clip.

Chapin

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
The problem is much deeper. Sentry detects cars, people and pets. Sentry identify's and labels each differently in a nightly email. But Blueiris doesn't get any of that info. I believe that BI and Sentry could work well together if they were under the same roof or same company. Right now seems that there is a big disconnect between them. It's not really in BI best interest to focus alot of settings and software rewrites to help Sentry Customers. And Sentry is focused on their own web portal, email alerts and other things vs. what we already have in BI. When BI V5 dropped I expected alot of this intergration to happen but we got a single Little Man Icon on our clips and very little options. I been a BI customer for some time and like everything Local as possible so I feel I'm pushing to not get emails every night (I have BI alerts) from sentry and not have an online portal to login and check my clips (have all that in Blueiris locally) but it seems that Sentry needs that (or feels that is does) for it's own progression as a separate company.

I have cameras in the front that face a driveway and even streets. this really throws off Sentry (parked cars and such). I already have different levels of recording. Street cameras based on software in the camera triggers BI to record any motion the camera picksup. So cars driving by or pulling up in front of the house are recorded to bi via an external trigger but no alerts are set off. But if they they drive up in the property or walk up then Bi triggers its own motion in the zone and sends alerts adding Sentry on this has been hit and miss. Sentry single first frame detection is also an issue with the way I have things setup as motion could have trigger recording before the person reached the zone. Another problem is zones. Sentry recieves a clip from the whole camera. Not the zone I have highlighted in Blueiris. So if a shadow triggers BI on my property in the zone but the camera also has a car parked across the street or a person walking down the sidewalk which is outside the zone it still triggers as a positive hit.

Atleast before if I got false positives I could tweek the BI settings and adjust as needed to get it where I wanted. With Sentry False Positives I can't fix anything, and I can't even see what it saw as I don't have access to the clip.
Maybe, but this is off topic and not relevant to what the OP was asking. He's asking about BI triggering HS and that not working with Sentry. I just set up a second camera off of the one that I use to trigger HS. I think that it will work fine with HS if I don't use Sentry with it.