Sentry and Car lights

Reaction score
So I just upgraded to BI5 and signed up for the 15 day trial for Senty, So far during the day its doing a great job, However at night when cars drive by the lights on the street are tripping the motion sensors and alerting me. Is there a setting I can change to correct this issue, its not a deal breaker by any means but figured I would ask to see if a solution was available. BTW this is worth its weight in gold as I was going crazy by all the damn spider webs tripping the cameras before and always going off!

varghesesa

Sentry Rep.
Reaction score
So I just upgraded to BI5 and signed up for the 15 day trial for Senty, So far during the day its doing a great job, However at night when cars drive by the lights on the street are tripping the motion sensors and alerting me. Is there a setting I can change to correct this issue, its not a deal breaker by any means but figured I would ask to see if a solution was available. BTW this is worth its weight in gold as I was going crazy by all the damn spider webs tripping the cameras before and always going off!

LOL! Glad to hear the spiders have quieted down. ;)

Night time is definitely more challenging on our computer vision models. While we continue to improve the model... we plan to also have a tighter coupling with BI's motion detection. By taking the area of interest associated with the motion alert (instead of the entire image), we should be able to reduce false alerts further. It's a high priority on the 2019 roadmap.

In case you have not already, please go through checklist to make sure BI settings are ideal: https://www.smartsentry.ai/enable-ai-on-blue-iris.

-- Sam from Sentry