Sentry Help

anijet

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
@varghesesa
I no longer get the "Sentry: No image id: An error occurred (ResourceNotFoundException) when calling the UpdateItem operation: Requested resource not found" error but...…….

I still get SMS messages with every trigger even though no human is in the clip.

From Blue Iris log there is an entry - Alert cancelled and right after, an entry SMS message sent.

0 3/15/2019 1:46:00 PM FD Sentry: Alert cancelled
0 3/15/2019 1:46:02 PM FD SMS: *******@mypixmessages.com with 1 attachment/s

Also, I don't see the icons as mentioned by Sam from Sentry.
"The clips are marked with two icons. The Sentry logo marks a clip where human activity was first detected. If Sentry determines the alert is a continuation of a previous alert, you will see an "occupied" logo (a person) appear instead."

Last edited by a moderator:

anijet

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Another question.

Does the "Create Alert list images when triggered" box on the Record Tab need to be checked for the Sentry system to work?

varghesesa

Sentry Rep.
Reaction score
@varghesesa
I no longer get the "Sentry: No image id: An error occurred (ResourceNotFoundException) when calling the UpdateItem operation: Requested resource not found" error but...…….

I still get SMS messages with every trigger even though no human is in the clip.

From Blue Iris log there is an entry - Alert cancelled and right after, an entry SMS message sent.

0 3/15/2019 1:46:00 PM FD Sentry: Alert cancelled
0 3/15/2019 1:46:02 PM FD SMS: *******@mypixmessages.com with 1 attachment/s

Also, I don't see the icons as mentioned by Sam from Sentry.
"The clips are marked with two icons. The Sentry logo marks a clip where human activity was first detected. If Sentry determines the alert is a continuation of a previous alert, you will see an "occupied" logo (a person) appear instead."

Sorry for delay.

Is the service working now? If not, can you place a ticket with Sentry so engineering can get involved.

-- Sam from Sentry

anijet

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
I'll recheck. I've had it disabled but will check it again tomorrow.

Thanks for the reply.

varghesesa

Sentry Rep.
Reaction score
Another question.

Does the "Create Alert list images when triggered" box on the Record Tab need to be checked for the Sentry system to work?
Sentry works off the motion detection from BI. So long as the motion sensor is active, Sentry should work. Open a ticket with Sentry if you are still having issues.

-- Sam from Sentry

upload_2019-3-19_17-44-36.png

anijet

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
False Positives are much improved but not 100%. Attached is a sample of a false positive that was only lighting (Sun) change on cement floor.

I think I've read that the screen capture sent via SMS is current as of when BI receives the positive back from Sentry. In my case this is 4-5 seconds after the maketime image and sometimes is too late to include the human image (Elvis has left the .....). Maybe better to have BI store the maketime image and sent it on a positive return.

Edit: On my system, about half the time delay is in BI after receiving the positive. In other words the positive is received about 2 seconds after maketime and another 2 seconds before the sent image is selected.

FD.20190320_140508_757147.jpg

Last edited:

varghesesa

Sentry Rep.
Reaction score
Correct. The screen capture in the SMS is the current image (after round-trip to Sentry for analysis) and not the one 4-5 sec prior triggered by the Maketime which actually got processed by Sentry. Only way to really confirm false positives/negatives is by looking at the first frame of the clip.

In this case, Elvis has indeed left the building. :)

This is a known issue that will be resolved in the next release.

-- Sam from Sentry