Sentry Smart Report 2.0

b0bthebuilder

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
"Sentry Smart Report 2.0" does not render properly in my email client (MS Outlook on a Windows PC)... something to do with how they have written the HTML ?

If I open the email through the Gmail web interface, the report is a bit better formatted, however there is still an HTML error when I try to unsubscribe from the report (I don't want to keep getting it each day as it just annoys me in its current format). The unsubscribe HTML is broken, it prompts for an email address, and when that is entered and unsubscribe is clicked, nothing happens and I am still getting the unwanted report.

As we have come to expect, emailing support goes unanswered.

Another HTML link that is broken is the part that says you can update your preferences (link goes nowhere).

b0bthebuilder

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
don't know if it is coincidence (or because I posted the message above) but Sentry Support just now replied to my email (two days later) advising they will fix the opt-out link

Last edited:

b0bthebuilder

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Despite the above observations, I am not "unhappy" with Sentry in general, it is saving a lot of headaches by suppressing most false alerts.

I am too lazy to get Deepstack working with BI at the moment but appreciate all the work others are doing to implement it, so will keep paying for Sentry in the meantime.

Kn10

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Barely renders at all on the iPhone in Outlook. Works acceptably in Gmail on the desktop.

I really like the service itself, the AI stuff is great and I would recommend it to anyone.
Its just their front end coding is letting them down. I had huge problems logging into the Customer portal because of basic HTML/CSS/JS coding errors.

Last edited: