Sentry still around?

sorka

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
No activity here in over 6 months. Is it working with BI5? Has it been fixed to do detection on more than one frame yet? Have the notification issues been fixed so we can get different notifications based on human vs no human?

joshwah

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Yes was wondering the same about multiple frames detection as i am missing quite a few alerts where it is clearly a person present, but not in the first detection frame.

DwightMorgan

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I just turned mine off after purchasing it. They pass too many through without analysis and then claim they removed all the false alerts. BI/Sentry need to have an option that says take the time you need for a full analysis as an option before hitting my cell phone with a text. I actually get more false alerts now as I bumped up the sensitivity and depend on them to filter our the crud. My next try will be turning it on during daylight hours and off after dark as there are less false alerts during the day (bugs/spiders etc).

joshwah

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
yes honestly speaking, i don't care if it takes 5+ seconds to get a push notification as long as it's accurate.

varghesesa

Sentry Rep.
Reaction score
No activity here in over 6 months. Is it working with BI5? Has it been fixed to do detection on more than one frame yet? Have the notification issues been fixed so we can get different notifications based on human vs no human?
Sentry is still around! We have been delayed a little bit on new features. We are going to improve the logic to take three frames per motion. That should be out this quarter, i.e. before the end of the year. FYI, in the interim, I have been advising many customers to leverage BI's Zone (Area of Interest) feature. For example, for one customer, they had a camera facing the door. The camera would trigger every time the door moved which is usually fine when someone is entering. However, if someone is existing, the frame when the door is opening is way to early to capture the person leaving. I advised the customer to place a small zone in front of the walkway to the door. Traffic in and out of the house were captured!

In regards to notifications, BI did create the following changes per our recommendations from customers.

1573761899212.png

Selecting auto-flag above results in automatic flags in the clip list so users can now filter on Sentry Human Alerts quickly.

1573761919044.png

With "Fire on Alert" option, results in ALL alerts (SMS, email, push etc) being sent ONLY when Sentry detects human activity.

The final checkbox changes the wording of SMS / email alerts so users can easily distinguish between the original "Blue Iris alert" wording in the subject vs "Blue Iris Human Alert" wording in the subject.

-- Sam from Sentry

Reactions: jrf

DwightMorgan

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Awesome, I haven't looked for new features with this update.... Will look tonight.

joshwah

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
@varghesesa - is there any updates/progress you could share with the community?
Still no reply? I would have thought since this is a paid service and the abundance of potential competition about to hit the market once BI allows third party hooks and integrates their own AI, Sentry would put more emphasis on customer service and PR...?

DwightMorgan

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Hi Dwight,

Right now Vehicle detection is not available on Blue Iris integration yet. We are working on upgrading the integration to provide more products including vehicle detection.

Regards,
Sentry Team.

Reaction score
Is there a time frame on vehicle notification? That is the big missing feature for me and I will not be resubscribing until that comes.