Server down

moparcruiser

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
So I am trying to remote in via the blue iris ui method.....

Have had this set up for months with no issues at all thanks to all the help I have found here.

But this morning I accessed it , found one of my cams was down ....the others were fine....I tried loading that down camera and that's when I lost all access....I get a "not accessible" error when trying to reach my blueiris server....

I also haven't gotten any alera from my system in a few hours since this happened so I know it is down or stuck....

I made sure to doable windows updates before I went remote...

Feels like a crash.....but before I give up I figured I would run this past y'all to see if there is àny advice.

I do not think I ever set my server up for remote access so as to reboot so I guess I would be dead on the water until I can reboot the server.....

Any thoughts would be appreciated.

TVille

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
How are you accessing the BI computer? Forwarded ports in the router? If so, that is some level of security risk, but probably pretty low. I have had to reboot my BI server to get it to behave in the past, but not very often. Without getting to the machine, I don't have any bright ideas.

sebastiantombs

Known around here
Reaction score
Updating Windows is a crap shoot. I haven't updated my BI Win10 machine in two years and it's solid. An update can install drivers that won't work and a whole host of other little details that can make it unstable.