Server recovery

Reaction score
Our web server (used for this site, the forum, licensing as well) had a meltdown on July 7, and the hard drive was unrecoverable. Unfortunately we discovered that regular backups had been failing, so we had to resort to quite an old backup just to get things back online. Rest assured that this process will be revamped, and now closely monitored. Blue Iris is a very small company, and we each wear many hats, some of which fit better than others. It was not the server or database “going down” that caused licensing issues, it was when it came back up with an older restore point than we would have liked.

Please let us know if you have any further problems with any specific keys, and we will get it sorted out. Our apologies for your inconvenience and continued patience as we deal with a backlog of emails related to this event.

The post Server recovery appeared first on Blue Iris Software.

mat200

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Our web server (used for this site, the forum, licensing as well) had a meltdown on July 7, and the hard drive was unrecoverable. Unfortunately we discovered that regular backups had been failing, so we had to resort to quite an old backup just to get things back online. Rest assured that this process will be revamped, and now closely monitored. Blue Iris is a very small company, and we each wear many hats, some of which fit better than others. It was not the server or database “going down” that caused licensing issues, it was when it came back up with an older restore point than we would have liked.

Please let us know if you have any further problems with any specific keys, and we will get it sorted out. Our apologies for your inconvenience and continued patience as we deal with a backlog of emails related to this event.

Thanks @Blue Iris Update Bot

note, even larger companies have issues about double checking that backups are actually working .. typically that is low on the priority list .. and when it fails there is a big price to pay ..

Culmac

n3wb
Reaction score

I have about 18 different installations and I have all the original keys, I don't have the latest update keys. most all have been updated within the last year. Now even with the install of the original keys the demo mode won't go away. The 3rd party that does your upgrade billing doesn't provide my original key or any other way to determine which machine is which other than the expire date. I complained a couple of times and they just play stupid and say that 'BlueIris people' don't provide any other useful information.
Why should I have to re-purchase licenses for your shortcoming? As a good customer I think you should provide a 1 year extension.

Reaction score
I have about 18 different installations and I have all the original keys, I don't have the latest update keys. most all have been updated within the last year. Now even with the install of the original keys the demo mode won't go away. The 3rd party that does your upgrade billing doesn't provide my original key or any other way to determine which machine is which other than the expire date. I complained a couple of times and they just play stupid and say that 'BlueIris people' don't provide any other useful information.
Why should I have to re-purchase licenses for your shortcoming? As a good customer I think you should provide a 1 year extension.
You should probably email support@blueirissoftware.com with your issue since the BI developers and support staff don't monitor this forum.