Set up second camera and having issues.....both locally and remotely...

Abacojack

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
This site has been great....but I still am bumbling my way thru the introduction to the world of Hikvision cameras and setup.

Have a 2CD2332 set up straight to router and been able to connect when away from home on iPad via iVMS4500 by using my routers static ip address of xxx.xx.222.xxx:8000 and when here at home, using the camera ip address using Explorer/Safari...xxx.xxx.x.64 - which brings up this the first attachment.

Then installed a second camera (2CD2142FWD-IS) and the only way to get to it from local desktop is using its ip address which is same as first camera, except for last numbers....xxx.xxx.x.164, but it brings up an entirely different screen...like this next attachment.

First question....how can I easily set up on my local desktops (MAC and PC) to see both cameras?

I also have loaded iVMS4200 on my MAC and PC, but cannot seem to import both cameras into a group?

Another issue is that I cannot seem to get to both cameras remotely using iVMS4500...it's one or the other.

As stated above, when I just had my first camera, and I was away from home, I simply set up my iPad/iPhone to go to my router state IP address of xxx.xx.xxx.64:8000 (had forwarded port 8000 on my router for the camera address of xxx.xxx.xx.64), but when I tried to forward port 8000 to my second camera address of xxx.xx.xxx.164....I go this message on my router screen....

Needless to say, being a "newbie"...I'm really lost.....and figure I'm doing something wrong as I would hope to be able to see either camera remotely....

Any guidance, greatly appreciated and many thanks....(Corey...hope you're listening.... :)

Attachments

badmannen

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Just change the port forward to 8001 on the router. You can not have the same port to two different cameras.

About the difference in the login page that you see it is just because of different versions of firmware on the cameras, all normal

Sent from my One Plus X using tapatalk

Abacojack

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Many thanks...did not know there was such a simple fix or answer to the 2 cameras difference.