Setting up a NVR that has ip cameras connected to it so I can view it remotely on a Mobile phone etc away from my LAN

Benscott

Young grasshopper
Jan 5, 2022
Sydney
Hello

Just need some help I have a HiLook NVR that I have fully setup with 3rd part cameras... I have it working but as soon as leave my wifi it cant connect to the NVR and cameras on my phone so I basically need to be local to view anything.... Waste of time really... Can anyone do a step by step guide for a dummy to fix this.... I have done a bit of research maybe port forwarding on a router or something Im not massively tech savvy but should be able to do it if someone helps me out.

Thanks

Hello

Just need some help I have a HiLook NVR that I have fully setup with 3rd part cameras... I have it working but as soon as leave my wifi it cant connect to the NVR and cameras on my phone so I basically need to be local to view anything.... Waste of time really... Can anyone do a step by step guide for a dummy to fix this.... I have done a bit of research maybe port forwarding on a router or something Im not massively tech savvy but should be able to do it if someone helps me out.

Thanks

Checkout the threads on running a VPN on your router / LAN for outside access