Setting up Deep Stacks to identify the mail truck

RSYC

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I’m not sure if this is even possible, but since the mailman stops at roughly the same spot everyday as opposed to all the other cars that just drive by, is there a way I can save that image so that DS can analyze the other images to see if its a match so that my alerts show if and when the mail has arrived? If so, can someone EILI5 (cause clearly I’m a techno newb) the process to doing this? So far the only DS integration I’ve been able to manage is so that it gives me percentages to its its a car, human, bus, truck, dog and bicycle.

aesterling

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Not sure how much work you want to put into it, but I followed this guide to train a custom DS model to detect license plates and its working well. You could do the same from images of the mail truck if there’s not an existing model available.

Last edited:

nickh66

n3wb
Reaction score
Not sure how much work you want to put into it, but I followed this guide to train a custom DS model to detect license plates and its working well. You could do the same from images of the mail truck if there’s not an existing model available.

Thanks for that info. Looks like it might not be too difficult to train a custom model, for nvidia gpu owners. Unfortunatley for me i only run the CPU edition of DeepStack & so far it looks like there is no similar method to follow. Unless i'm missing something.

RSYC

Young grasshopper
Reaction score

Thanks! More than anything, even if it doesn’t work out it’s a way to work with the equipment so that I can slowly get to know how it works better as this is all very new to me

aesterling

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Thanks for that info. Looks like it might not be too difficult to train a custom model, for nvidia gpu owners. Unfortunatley for me i only run the CPU edition of DeepStack & so far it looks like there is no similar method to follow. Unless i'm missing something.
I don't have an nvidia card either and did my training on Google Colab. I updated the link in my earlier post to the correct section.

jaydeel

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
or a wireless sensor inside the mailbox cover to beep you when opened/closed, which then triggers a camera.
Here’s an example… link to my original post below.
1626824447020.jpeg