Setting Up GMX Mail.

LeeH

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Can anybody point out the obvious for me? I seems to be having difficulty with the test mail.

Port issue?

Capture1.PNG Capture2.PNG

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Perhaps in top image (Cam or DVR?) uncheck "anonymity", insure login and password is good and try test again.
If no joy also move "Authentication" from "None" to another selection as called for by your email provider, as "outgoing server requires authentication" is checked in second image (provider's requirements?).

LeeH

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Thanks, will try tonight.

I have disabled upnp on my router and cams, how do they access the www with no ports open?

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Thanks, will try tonight.

I have disabled upnp on my router and cams, how do they access the www with no ports open?
Disabling uPNP does not close currently open or disable currently forwarded ports, it prevents apps and other network devices, without action on your part, from opening currently closed ports or forwarding currently unforwarded ports from that moment on that you disable uPNP.

Ports for incoming & outgoing e-mail are likely already open by default and if gateway IP is available and configured in camera then it can get to WWW to send e-mail.

LeeH

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Thanks Tony.

No joy yet I'm afraid. I presume my user name is my email right?

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I presume my user name is my email right?
I would think that's correct.
Wow....running out of ideas here.
Do you have an e-mail address from like Gmail or live.com, even borrow one from spouse or significant other for a few minutes to try...anyone but with GMX.
If so, Google SMTP settings for whichever one you come up with, enter those settings and try again.
FWIW, I am a Blue Iris user but I just set up an Amcrest (re-branded Dahua) a couple of hours ago to send a test email with my Gmail account and it worked great.

LeeH

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I’ll try a gmail and outlook and report back.

Thanks Tony.

PS. Dahua make stuff for Foscam???

Whoaru99

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Try changing the Gmail to 587 and TLS.

If that doesn't do it then I think it not unreasonable to presume some sort of block or connectivity/IP issue might be at play.

How do you have them connected? What is topology of the whole system?

In your sig I see what appears to be cameras and storage info...but what is the network?

Last edited:

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I though Amcrest was Foscam for some reason.
No but there used to be a connection thru former ownership, split off to form new co., etc. ..I'm not real sure. I just know there's no affiliation now.
Amcrests are re-branded Dahuas.

@fenderman can shed light on it if he cares to, in light of your curiosity.

Whoaru99

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Please elaborate on the connection topology of the system.

LeeH

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Router-POE switch-cam.

Various cams on the network recording on to a Synology NAS.

Reaction score
No but there used to be a connection thru former ownership, split off to form new co., etc. ..I'm not real sure. I just know there's no affiliation now.
Amcrests are re-branded Dahuas.

@fenderman can shed light on it if he cares to, in light of your curiosity.
Foscam USA (Houston, TX, USA) was formerly the exclusive distributor for Foscam products in the United States.
Foscam corporation (Shenzhen, Guangdong Province, China) broke off that relationship.
Foscam USA rebranded themselves as Amcrest.
Some Amcrest cameras are Dahua rebrands. Others are not.
Most notably, the pan-tilt IP2-7xx and IP2-8xx series are Dahua cameras, and good quality.

Whoaru99

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Router-POE switch-cam.

Various cams on the network recording on to a Synology NAS.
You're sure the gateway IP in the camera is set to the router/gateway IP?

Is your router providing/passing/allowing DNS to the cameras? When I set up firewall rules to keep the cameras from phoning home, a side effect was also blocking their DNS requests. Without being able to get DNS lookup, they could not resolve the domain name in the camera, e.g. smtp.gmail.com, to the necessary IP address so email sending failed.

toolazyforalogin

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
do you have 2 step verification on this account? If so you need to generate an app specific password.