Setting up IP on Hikvision nvr

szevens

n3wb
Reaction score
I've been trying to setup network settings on my nvr. I have followed lots of tutorials and followed what they said but yet never come out with the right outcome. I changed all the ip's to the default state then clicked the DHCP and the disappeared to dots, they are meant to do that then go to device maintenance to copy the ip but all i see is 0.0.0.0 after ipv4 address, ipv4 subnet mask and ipv4 default gateway. I need help quick because this is driving me nuts.
thanks,
joe

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
Maybe you are not using IE11? The 'webcomponents' plugin is needed for some configuration changes.
But you can easily set the IP address using SADP : Page 2 here : Tools-Hikvision

szevens

n3wb
Reaction score
I tried using SADP but it did not find my nvr. I kept refreshing and looking for online devices but nothing shows up. It’s not connected to Ethernet but we want wireless.

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
Not connected to Ethernet?
Maybe that's why you can't set an IP address and SADP can't find it ...

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
So I can’t use wireless?
Please explain what you aim to do.
What model of NVR, how is it connected to the other devices on the LAN.

Wireless is usually just an access point connected to the LAN.
A device such as a camera usually needs to be connected to ethernet initially so the wireless can be configured before it can be used via wireless.
A Hikvision NVR will be able to connect to wireless devices if the NVR is connected to the LAN.
Does the NVR have a wireless capability?

szevens

n3wb
Reaction score
My cameras are connected via cat6 cable into my nvr which is ds-7608ni-i2/8p, we want the nvr to be hooked up to the internet so we can use the hikconnect app and website when we are away from home .etc.

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
My cameras are connected via cat6 cable into my nvr which is ds-7608ni-i2/8p, we want the nvr to be hooked up to the internet so we can use the hikconnect app and website when we are away from home .etc.
OK, so all you need to do is wire the NVR to your LAN switch / router, and assign it a fixed IP address.

td0g

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Did you get that working? When you click DHCP on these NVRs, they often won't show the IP address they have pulled, but they will be connected to the network and you can locate it with SADP. (make sure the lone LAN port above the USB port on the back of the NVR is the one you are using to connect to your router)