Setting up remote camera to catch a cat!

Haxormax

n3wb
Reaction score
Hey guys,
I've used my cameras to catch a few cats... but now I'm trying to catch a basement pisser!

example: example 2:
We run a cat cafe and we have an out of the box pisser. We are trying to catch him.

I am at home with my blue iris setup. In the cafe basement I have an amcrest camera. I can reach it without an issue with the web browser, I can find it with blue iris.... but I can't see the video.

Any help would be appreciated... dude is making the place stink to high hell. He repeatedly uses that wall, btw

Attachments

Terk

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
It looks like your sending your admin password over the internet to an open port at that location in clear text. Have you thought about having the Blue Iris server onsite with the cameras and use VPN for remote access from home?

Haxormax

n3wb
Reaction score
I don't see what you're talking about.

Cafe has no dedicated PC running there. since my home one is already setup, I was hoping to use it.

Terk

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
It would work that way but it would be a lot more secure if you either had a BI server on site at the cafe or setup a site to site VPN between your house and the cafe rather than opening ports through the cafes firewall for the cameras, in this case I think you would need both port 80 and 554 open from the internet to the camera in question. And if you have more than one camera at the cafe that you want to setup on your home BI server you'd need to change ports in each of the other cameras web interfaces so they are all unique to open all of them on the firewall for access from your home BI server, although none of that would be necessary with a site to site VPN setup as you would just go directly to the ips of each camera as if the server were in the cafe. Which ports do you currently have forwarded in your firewall?

Haxormax

n3wb
Reaction score
Ah, I see what you're saying. This is only temporary. Only need one night and then shut it down.

Currently forwarding 80 - I can open 554 too, I'll give that a shot. Thanks for your thoughts :)