Setting up zones

Reaction score
I have a camera on my front door. I'm trying to setup zones but the camera shows up with the black squares that I setup for my Hotspot or A zone.

I'd love to record any motion, including cars driving on the street, but only have alerts for the area directly in front of the door. So when I go through my alerts, I only see activity near the door.

Attached is a photo of what it looks like with Zones and Hot Spot enabled.

What am I doing wrong, this can't be normal??

Attachments

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
I have a camera on my front door. I'm trying to setup zones but the camera shows up with the black squares that I setup for my Hotspot or A zone.

I'd love to record any motion, including cars driving on the street, but only have alerts for the area directly in front of the door. So when I go through my alerts, I only see activity near the door.

Attached is a photo of what it looks like with Zones and Hot Spot enabled.

What am I doing wrong, this can't be normal??
First dont use hotspot, youll get false alerts all the time..
Do you see that image in live footage or only recorded ?

Reaction score
I am seeing it live on the server/phone and also in the recorded clips.

Attached are more screenshots.

Attachments

Reaction score
Well, that was easy! Thanks. Ha.

Is it possible to keep the selected areas for my "alerts" but still record motion out in the street? I can't figure that part out yet..

anijet

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Well, that was easy! Thanks. Ha.

Is it possible to keep the selected areas for my "alerts" but still record motion out in the street? I can't figure that part out yet..
Clone the camera. One for alerts and one for recording. Works great, I have several cloned for that purpose.

Export settings for the camera, add a new camera, rename the new camera, import settings then change the settings to what you need (one for alerts and one for recording). This uses almost no additional resources.