Settings in DVR software and cameras

Kenjusticejr

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
Ok, I can't be the only one. I've managed to fumble through getting several cameras set up in BI, and have managed to tweak a lot of settings to attempt to make the systems run smoother, but some stuff may as well be written in Chinese because I don't know what it means...

I'll start with one and hope that someone viewing this can explain, or add a little insight to the subject matter. Google searches didn't provide much help..

Camera Settings.jpg

For starters, can someone explain what some of these mean and what happens if I change them? obviously some are self explanatory, but others are a bit complex for my simple mind to figure out.

digger11

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
A couple of weeks ago I was searching the web for a couple of the more obscure camera parameter settings in the IPC1-V, in particular DayNTLevel and NightNTLevel, and got a hit from a user guide for a camera from another company, Avacom.

Avacom apparently has a couple of cameras that run the same or similar firmware as the Empire cameras, but Avacom has had someone who actually understands English go through their User's Manual and update it.

I found the Avacom manual to be much better at explaining the various settings than the manual that Empire provided.

Kenjusticejr

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
Awesome, that is the exact same GUI my cameras have...maybe setting them up as avacom rather than a ran will make them work better... Thanks a million!!!