Setup Hikvision (Chinese) ... SAPDdlg.exe ... WinPCap (?)... NPPTools.dll missing (?)

icerabbit

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Just received my camera. Of course it is the non-English version and comes with the Chinese manual.
Plus it has a mini-cd which my systems can't read, either because they only take a big disk or none.
So, downloaded the English manual & SAPD version from the web.

Started with SAPD, which requires WINPCAP (no explanation how or why).
WinPCap says it is beta and triggers a security alert on my system that I'm installing some Remote Packet Capture Tool.
Ignoring that.
Start SAPD.
"The program can't start because NPPTools.dll is missing ..."

So now I'm letting Windows 7 scan itself for problems and missing components.
[Update] completed without issues or missing system files.

Looking at the manual ...

• " For detailed information, pleaserefer to Section 5.3.1 Configuring TCP/IP Settings
And, section 5.3.1 doesn't exist. 5.3 is about recording. Luckily, section 6.3.1 has ... no practical information.

I guess the only "easy" way around these hurdles is going to be by setting up a router to 192.0.0.1, wire up the camera, hook up a computer and look for 192.0.0.64??

networkcameracritic

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
First, all the manuals are in English on the CD. Did you look at the files on the CD. The English manuals are all on in a directory called EN I believe.

SADP does rely on WinpCap which is installed during the installation of SADP. If you chose not to install it or it was blocked by your software, then it will not work. You can go to the WinpCap.org website and install the latest version, then SADP will work. If you chose to do it the hard way, just plug your computer and camera to the same switch (not router) and change the IP of your PC to something like 192.0.0.128 and then you can connect to the camera as 192.0.0.64 and use that to log in and change the IP to your normal subnet and then change your PC back to your home network.

icerabbit

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Thanks NCC,

I did not see anything blocked during install from hikvision download.
Tried the switch route with manual IP in windows. No dice. **
Spare router would not accept 192.0.0.1 addressing (of course).

After your nudge, I decided to give the hikvision disc a try on a borrowed system (mine are primarily mac, slot loading or no optical)
Borrowed a windows laptop with tray drive to read the little disk and get through to the camera.
No betas presented during disc install :)
The auto run menu does have a graphic image glitch, but I just visually clicked my way through.
SADP is up. Finds the camera.

The funny thing now is that the camera already pulled a valid LAN IP address on its own???
The manual said it was static default of 192.0.0.64!

No wonder I couldn't find it directly on the switch!!!

Thanks for the nudge. The little disk and an older windows laptop did it in no time flat.