Several IP Cam's Suddenly Lost Motion Sensing Marks in Playback

M4rked

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi all,

Lurking for awhile, finally signed up because I can't figure this out. Hope this is the right section, if not please move it and thanks in advance for your time.

I have a pretty basic LaView 4K setup that I got an excellent deal on to start my home security system and get to know IP cams. To my neophyte eye, it looks like a rebranded Hikvision but correct me if I'm wrong. It's a basic 8 channel PoE NVR with 6x 4K dome cameras. Here it is on Amazon: https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B07D1G2R5N/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o03_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
I also got a 4TB WD Purple drive since 4K video really chews up space.

I've had this system up for about a month and it's been great. However, on 3 cameras that record continuously, I've recently lost the earmarks for motion sensing that you can overlay on continuous recordings in playback (I've attached an image below on a working camera as an example). What's more interesting is that it still motion captures, but it stops showing it ~8 hours prior to wherever you start viewing in the playback stream (i.e., if you use the mouse to scroll back you can see the markings, however as soon as I let go of left click to start playing at that point, they disappear). Prior to this happening the previous markings from 3-4 days ago still working perfectly normal.

I've done the basic trouble shooting, software reboot, hard reboot (back of the NVR), unplugging and replugging affected cameras, restoring, defaulting, etc. There doesn't seem to be any new firmware available (big surprise there for a rebrand).

I was wondering if it's a buffer/memory issue on the cameras themselves (how do you flush that?) or if I have to wipe an HDD because that's an issue. I'm really reaching with both of those but I'm at a loss.

Thanks again for any assistance, it's much appreciated.

Attachments

M4rked

n3wb
Reaction score
Just an update - it seems to have fixed itself. There were a couple of things I had done to the cameras to see what would work: one I had turned off the motion alarm, one I hard reset from the PCB on the camera, the other I power cycled longer. However they are all working again so I'm not sure if any of that did it or it is all coincidence and it sorted itself out. Just posting this in case it happens to anyone else!