Share Screen, or visit cam via ddns

jumbo125

n3wb
Reaction score
Hello
I'm a new Member and i paied tinycam rpo. So i added my cameras from local network in the app. I will use the app on my tablet and fix it on the wall in my living room. so i can yous it as "visitor-cam" or
intercom.
I want to use the camera out of local network too. for e.g. on my smartphone.
How can i do this?
should i install on my phone tinycam too and create a camera by the ddns hostname:port?

So i create a ddns domain. Now i want to know, what's the best way.

In future i want to create a vpn client...... but at the moment i don't have it.

Thank you very much
best regards

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Although the VPN is the way to go and I do NOT recommend port forwarding, in the FAQ section of the TinyCam web site are instuctions under #3:

Frequently asked questions

3. I cannot access my cams from mobile network, but they work with local WiFi connection. What are the required steps to enable broadcasting?
You need to setup port forwarding on your router. Port forwarding forwards all traffic from your private camera to external network, e.g. from 192.168.0.3:8080 to your_external_ip:8080. Read the router manual for how to do that or contact your system network administrator. Enter your external IP address and port number in tinyCam Monitor when you've done.
You can also use a free step-by-step tutorial from portforward.com. Use canyouseeme.org to check if port forwarding done properly.
Usually DSL connections renew their IP addresses after 24 hours. Use DDNS service to get fixed domain name, e.g. free noip.com.
BTW, TinyCam has its own section on IPCT here. :cool:

jumbo125

n3wb
Reaction score
I have a ddns and i tested it before i worte this post.

In my router i set the dnns settings and the ports. For exmaple port: 90

where did i need to setup the ddns hostdomain and the port?

I found:
Hostname/Ip-Adresse
Web Port-Number (default 80)
RTSP port

If i go to exadvance setting, on the bootm of the camera setting, i get another position for refresh IP, Hostname remote, Web-Port Remote, RTSP Remote

where should i set the ddns ip, first side or advance settings?