Shared Cameras - DMSS - No online account

curto

n3wb
Reaction score
Hey Guys,

We have around a dozen or so Dahua NVRs deployed over the last year or so.

Up until recently we just added them to the DMSS app on the phone using the scanned QR code - or input using Serial number and Password

We had a number of people who had this setup on their phones and each one was able to login and view the cameras on each NVR.

We have just had a user report that (apparently) after an upgrade on Android to DMSS - they can no longer see the cameras and have to readd them to the system (using Serial number and Admin password) - however when they try and view the cameras now they are being told that the cameras are bound to a specific users email address (my Gmail Address as i am the one who has set all the units up previously and am the first to add them to DMSS on my phone when testing)

It appears that i have to now share the cameras with other peoples nominated email addresses and i can only do the sharing if i create an online Dahua account and then add each of the NVRs to that account ?

Does anyone know of a way around this - or is this just Dahuas way of forcing us to use their online portal ?

Craig

ludshed

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
You must of added to account instead of local. Not sure if deleting and readding on your phone will unbind. If you do share and everyone is using the same email it’ll keep logging everyone out when someone else logs in.

curto

n3wb
Reaction score
You must of added to account instead of local. Not sure if deleting and readding on your phone will unbind. If you do share and everyone is using the same email it’ll keep logging everyone out when someone else logs in.
Nope definitely did not add it to an online account - simply because i have never created one on the Dahua website. I always add locally - usually by scanning the QR code that comes up - but for this test with a new phone i just installed the lastest DMSS and then added the device by the serial number and Admin account password.

It looks like it might be some new requirement in the latest version ?

None of the NVRs have been added to their servers in the past

Will do some more testing today and see where i get to and report back

Craig

ludshed

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
No, I meant in the DMSS app, when you get to the second or third step there’s an option below that by default is account.

curto

n3wb
Reaction score
No, I meant in the DMSS app, when you get to the second or third step there’s an option below that by default is account.
Yeah sorry - what i meant is that i have never had an account setup on the Dahua site so not sure how that would be possible

I will try and add another one of the sites and see what happens

regards

Craig

curto

n3wb
Reaction score
OK got it.

What happened is one of the other users has created a Dahua account and then logged into their DMSS with that account.

Once you are logged to the app with an online account then the app reports that the device is owned by that account.

I got them to logout of their online account and they were then able to manually add the device with Serial #/local Admin password and it was fine.

thanks for the pointers.

Craig

MC1987

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Any time you get the user to install app, get them to skip past registering. This is pure china data collection