Shelly gear & Wi-Fi switches Black Friday & Cyber Monday, up to 45% off through Nov. 28th

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Thanks, just ordered the 2 pack to get my feet wet. ;)
Great!
I set the shunt pin on mine for 12VDC since most of us have 12VDC @1 amp wall warts laying around. And it's a lot safer than having jumpers all over the desk when experimenting and testing with 120VAC on them (which they can run on also if the shunt is in the right place).

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score

These wifi Kasa Smart Plugs are also on sale 35% off. Just bought a few more. I have about a dozen now and they work well.
I've heard some good things about them and I use many TP-LINK switches, AP's and media converters.
Does the Kasa line have an established, turn-key API? As supplied, the Shelly's can issue a HTTP command upon input or change an output also via a HTTP command.

As an Amazon Associate IPCamTalk earns from qualifying purchases.

prsmith777

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I've heard some good things about them and I use many TP-LINK switches, AP's and media converters.
Does the Kasa line have an established, turn-key API? As supplied, the Shelly's can issue a HTTP command upon input or change an output also via a HTTP command.
I have them integrated into home automation using HomeSeer. There is a plugin that communicates with them so I assume they accept http based commands. I have not worked directly with their API so can not comment.