Reaction score
IPC-HDW5241H-AS-PV
2MP WDR IR Eyeball AI Network Camera
> 1/2.8” 2Megapixel progressive scan STARVIS™ CMOS
> H.265 & H.264 triple-stream encoding
> 25/30 fps@1080P (1920 × 1080)
> WDR (120 dB), Day/Night (ICR), 3D DNR, AWB, AGC, BLC
> Multiple network monitoring: Web viewer, CMS (DSS/PSS) & DMSS
> 2.8 mm fixed lens (3.6 mm, 6 mm optional)
> 1/1 Alarm in/out, 1/1 audio in/out (Built-in MIC, Built-in Speaker)
> Max. IR LEDs Length 50 m
> Micro SD memory, IP67

Sold under Amazon by @EMPIRETECANDY as: Loryta IPC-T5241H-AS-PV 3.6 mm Fixed Lens 2MP WDR IR Eyeball AI Network Camera English Version

Advantages of this camera:

Plastic holder housing construction/metal body:

I am not sure how I feel about this. Compared to HDW2231-RZ and HDW5231R-ZE which both sport a metal housing throughout, this thing has a plastic outer encasing and base ring. Only the camera body ball itself is metal. The plastic construction housing also seems to be more prone to attract finger dirt during installation.
The upside of this plastic construction is that there is no more set screw to install or lose. The whole body enclosure snaps into place and can be quick-released immediately with a push of a button. This is quite an advantage and I didn't find much fault in it. The downside is if this camera isn't mounted high up enough, someone could quick-release your camera and steal it!

Video Quality:

-On par with HDW2231R-ZS and HDW5231R-ZE Starlight family. In fact, I think they use the same sensor.

Bidirectional talk:
-This camera supports 2-way bidirectional talk just from using the Dahua iDMSS Plus app and is waterproof up to IP67. The audio coming out of the camera from 2-way talk is very good, much better than the pre-recorded files in my opinion. The audio received and played by your phone on the iDMSS Dahua app could be better and contains a lot of sharp echoing when activated initially. This goes away after 5 seconds. There is a Noise Filter mode which you can enable but that only drowns out the background noise (hissing), kind of like noise cancellation of Bose. It works acceptably okay, but don't expect Bose quality. The microphone and speaker volume can be independently adjusted from 0-100. But it cannot be adjusted in the app.

Active Deterrence (visual):
-This camera has a semi-programmable flashing LED or solid LED if the IVS is stripped. The duration can be changed from 5-30seconds. However, it can only be triggered by IVS, not motion detection. It would be easy for Dahua to change their firmware to allow the LED to be triggered by motion detection as well, but I do not know why they didn't do that. The LED light is not that powerful but not too weak. It is good for a small porch to light up the face of someone, but don't expect to use it in your yard and expect your camera to kick into color mode. Won't happen.

Active Deterrence (audio):
-It can play pre-recorded audio clips such as:
Danger no climbing.wav
You are under surveillance.wav
Sidewalk only no vehicles.wav
alarm.wav

The alarm.wav is rather pretty loud. I would not use this personally since I live in a tight-knit PUD neighborhood. There is no way my neighbors would appreciate hearing this especially with false triggers.

Another advantage: It allows you to upload any pre-recorded PCM wav files of your choosing. However, the format only supports PCM 8000Hz. I have tried using higher quality 24000 to 48000HZ file and it will not allow it. The problem with 8000Hz is that the sound quality is not that great. It sounds a bit robotic and tingy, but acceptable. You can have multiple IVS triggers defined and set to play different audio files and have different LED visual flashing or no flashing.

People Counting/Heat Map
It has people counting and heat map feature as well. But I have not tried to use this since this is only for front door, not a concert.

Compatible with PFA200G Gang Box Adapter
The camera is 100% direct-fit and bolts right up to a PFA200G gang box adapter. You can buy one from @EMPIRETECANDY :

Why you should buy this camera:
You don't want to pay Nest or Ring doorbells subscription for video recordings, but you also want to have bidrectional audio/video support. This is it. You want to have programmable audio deterrence and/or visual led light. You want Starlight quality camera.

Why did I buy this camera:
I don't own a video doorbell camera and I am holding out as long as I can. But there have been times where the delivery truck driver for either appliances, furniture, or whatever shows up and I am unable to speak to them to tell them to wait for me to come home. So after numerous encounters, I've decided to upgrade to this camera to serve this purpose.

IMG_3404 (Copy).JPG IMG_3408 (Copy).JPG IMG_3409 (Copy).JPG IMG_3412 (Copy).JPG IMG_3415 (Copy).JPG

Active Deterrence in action with personally pre-programmed audio:

Warning! F-BOMB foul language ALERT!

Last edited:
As an Amazon Associate IPCamTalk earns from qualifying purchases.

dubb

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Is there a similar camera with metal housing? I dont like the quick release feature.

MakeItRain

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Update:
Please note that 2-way talk will NOT work if going thru the NVR IP address on iDMSS Plus on the Dahua NVR-54xx series. You can hear the input speaker from the camera but the person won't hear you. You need to add the camera manually by its own IP in order to talk thru. If the camera is on the internal NVR VLAN, then it will be a problem.

Solution
Upgrade to NVR fw version 4.0. DH_NVR5XXX-4KS2_MultiLang_V4.000.0000000.0.R.20190713.bin
Then you will be able to 2-way talk using the NVR's IP.

I think fw version 3.216 on the NVR is not 100% compatible with the Dahua 4.0 series AI Cam because it is not forwarding your voice from iDMSS all the way to the camera's speaker.

Rebelx

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I really like that LED light feature. It could a nice deterrent even at night!

Atriensis

n3wb
Reaction score
Does anyone know if these work properly with Synology Diskstations? They aren't on the official supported list yet, but they seem to be essentially like my 5231s with speakers.

Atriensis

n3wb
Reaction score
The answer is that this camera can work properly with Synology Diskstation. I know because I bought one and set it up today. I used the settings for camera model IPC-HDBW5231R-ZE (which I have three of) and the speaker worked even though the 5231s don't have one. I managed to blow out my camera settings (dropping to 1 to 5fps) a couple of times after making changes in my camera in the disk station (not a normal issue), but was able to make them stick again by changing settings back manually in the web UI for the camera and leaving the Synology video settings alone. Also, it might be useful to know that enabling smart codec will interfere with IVS, noticeably slowing response and interrupting audio playback on the speaker. Smart codec also seems to cause audio picked up over the mic to get interrupted periodically as well. I am running at 1080p, 30fps h.265 VBR 7424Kb/S with AAC 64k and using the firmware that was just uploaded by Andy.

Atriensis

n3wb
Reaction score
Yes, it is working natively with both the surveillance desktop application and DS Cam. That was what I was most worried about, but it works as expected.

aristobrat

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Also, it might be useful to know that enabling smart codec will interfere with IVS
That's interesting... On many of the other Dahua models, when Smart Codec gets enabled the option for IVS disappears... the guess was always that the camera didn't have enough processing horsepower to do both simultaneously. Seems like this model proves out that guess!

jmcu

Known around here
Reaction score
Is there a way to shut off the alarm ( light or siren ) after activating it with iDMSS or the gDMSS ??

MakeItRain

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Is there a way to shut off the alarm ( light or siren ) after activating it with iDMSS or the gDMSS ??
No. But you can always VPN home, log in thru the web GUI and then from there, shut it off.

jmcu

Known around here
Reaction score
Yea, I know how I have to shut it off, I was looking to see if I missed something.

It's far from the ideal way to have to do it, I hope they fix it.

aristobrat

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
It's still early here so apologizes if I missed something, but are you saying that if you use the mobile app to activate the light/siren that the light stays on (or the alarm stays playing) until you use the cameras web GUI to turn it off?

jmcu

Known around here
Reaction score
It's still early here so apologizes if I missed something, but are you saying that if you use the mobile app to activate the light/siren that the light stays on (or the alarm stays playing) until you use the cameras web GUI to turn it off?
Correct..

MikeyTech8

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
@MakeItRain Nice installation photos. Love how you did the glueing seal. By any chance do you have any photos? Would like to see the daytime and night (both IR and Forced starlight colour) :D.

Todays

n3wb
Reaction score
If you use the IMOU app it lets you turn the light and siren on and off as much as you like :) Also can have it push you a motion notification to your phone. Put in a 32G micro SD card and it records everything without any other equipment. And the video from this thing is way better than any doorbell. Mine sees in the dark with the IR off just with the moonlight. My Ring Pro just died and this is a great replacement. My Ring was $30 a year for their service and you couldn't even answer a ring because their servers are so slow.

rufunky

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Anyone have issues with scheduling IVS ( particularly Trip Lines )? I had set up a schedule of 00:00 - 07:00 and another 23:00 - 24:00 hoping to disable the Tripline during the hours of 7am -11pm but the IVS along with the siren was still enabled during those times..

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Answered in your thread you created. No need to ask the same question in multiple places...