Shortage Of Hikvision Playback on Remote.

normel

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
At first sorry for by bad english, i will try to explain as good as i can
I am using Hikvision for many years, generally satisfied, but there are some issues i face , time by time. Maybe i am missing something, or dont know, so i will post it, and see if i am the only one or not

- First. When i want to download a file on remote by web i cannot chose a specific time so lets say 20 oct from 01.00 till 01.15 ( whatever i do, it shows around 1 gb of file, and much more hours in timeplay. Sure i can download, later clip, merge convert etc ( and meanwhile get some virus by looking for a good converter ) I know another option is to make smaller packages, but i dont want that. On Gui interface however it is possible to only export a specific time of the day

- Second is that it is not possible to LOCK files on remote. So lets say i have to download clips from a nvr on another location, but on that moment my internet speed is slow, its not possible to lock, in order to download it another time. ( also on Gui interface it is possible )

Are you guys familair with this? Is there a workaround, or maybe newer firmware which supports this ?

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
I know another option is to make smaller packages, but i dont want that.
For short duration extracts, maybe try the 'clip' tool in the playback view.
You'll need to either 'run the browser as administrator' or add the NVR IP address to 'IE11 Trusted SItes' so the files download to the configured folder and not the 'Windows virtualstore folder'.
Though I don't know if that works OK with a remote access.

Securame

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
- First. When i want to download a file on remote by web i cannot chose a specific time so lets say 20 oct from 01.00 till 01.15 ( whatever i do, it shows around 1 gb of file, and much more hours in timeplay. Sure i can download, later clip, merge convert etc ( and meanwhile get some virus by looking for a good converter ) I know another option is to make smaller packages, but i dont want that. On Gui interface however it is possible to only export a specific time of the day

- Second is that it is not possible to LOCK files on remote. So lets say i have to download clips from a nvr on another location, but on that moment my internet speed is slow, its not possible to lock, in order to download it another time. ( also on Gui interface it is possible )
Web interface will only allow you to download full files. So if you record 24/7 and have 1Gb files, that's all you can download. If you want to download from a given day/time to a given day/time, use iVMS-4200.

I never used the lock file option, but I would also check if it can be done on iVMS-4200.

normel

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
@alastairstevenson
Thanks, for short clips thats indeed soluion. Thanks for the trusted website tip, i am familair with that.

@Securame:
Have to check ivms4200 for download on given time.. Thanks.