Show only one camera's alerts in timeline

harriska2

n3wb
Reaction score
Is it possible to show only one camera's alerts in the timeline at a time. All camera's are alerting but I was hoping to use the timeline to see the alerts one camera at a time.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Is it possible to show only one camera's alerts in the timeline at a time. All camera's are alerting but I was hoping to use the timeline to see the alerts one camera at a time.
You should to change the color of the camera in the cameras general tab (though this is not needed). This will distinguish cameras in the timeline. Then if you wish to only view the alerts of a specific camera select it by clicking on it once then in the clips windows on the right, click on the camera icon "selected camera only"...only the selected cameras alerts will display in the timeline...

harriska2

n3wb
Reaction score
Yeah, I find the clips window on the right a clunky thing and never use it. I wonder if there is software that uses the timeline method exclusively (so that each camera has it's own timeline you can click on).

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Yeah, I find the clips window on the right a clunky thing and never use it. I wonder if there is software that uses the timeline method exclusively (so that each camera has it's own timeline you can click on).
You are not using the clip view..you are simply clicking on the icon there you can exit out of it after selecting the icon...dont understand your issue...each camera DOES have its own timeline, you failed to follow my instruction and change the color...it will make the changes moving forward.

harriska2

n3wb
Reaction score
It looks like you have to click on the little circle/camera icon on the top right of the clips window. That way you can view only one camera and the one camera's timeline/alerts at a time. I accidentally did that and figured it out on my own. Changing the colors still gives you both (or multiple) cameras in the timeline and mushes the alerts together.